An "out of the box" fix for "all star" weekend

Mackinnonen

Sep 6, 2015
I propose an intangibles allstar game. Events include the locker room pep talk challenge, talking calmly with the referee to get calls your way, motivational bench speeches, and back checking extravaganza.

The star players can rest while the real warriors of the game can show off their skills and why NHL fans love this game so much.

Not fair. Toews would win everything.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
The winning allstar team gets home ice advantage in the playoffs. That will motivate the players pretty quickly.

Yeah, MacKinnon would of been so motivated.

I bet you even then the players of the contending teams wouldn't care.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Just do what the Soviets did. Have some army people in the dressing rooms and the losers get shot.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Or how about standardize an international break where 2 out of every 4 years we are watching an Olympic tournament or an actual best on best World Cup

The other two years we can have all star events that combine some of the ideas proposed already this thread.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Having an All-Star game without the actual All-Stars is pointless. All it is supposed to be is a PR event that lets people see the best players in the league show off their skills and be on the ice at the same time. I think the current format is about as good as it can be. There is no way to get NHL stars to play all out and risk injury in an exhibition game in the middle of the season.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I propose an intangibles allstar game. Events include the locker room pep talk challenge, talking calmly with the referee to get calls your way, motivational bench speeches, and back checking extravaganza.

The star players can rest while the real warriors of the game can show off their skills and why NHL fans love this game so much.

Top 100 idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad