An Islander - Habs final is inevitable

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
So it went from Tampa-Vegas to Isles-MTL? I see the sorcery going on here and the refs/Coliseum boards will not allow this. May the first team to 4 wins from each series win.

Last edited:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...these threads are a Warning Magnet specifically exhibited to cleanse this Board of sarcasm...I shall not participate due to circumstances that are best left unsaid...good day to you...

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Good. It'll be nice to watch one as a genuine neutral for once where I don't loathe the idea of either side winning.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
The NHL is such a joke of a league if these two teams make the finals.
I love what the Habs are doing, but the Islanders are a dominant team that has won six series over the last three years, including back to back final four appearances and are the winners of the best division in hockey. Kind of disingenuous to lump both teams in the same bucket. One is a Cinderella and one isn’t.

That being said, I see why you’re upset as both have beaten the defense-optional Pens the last three years.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I love what the Habs are doing, but the Islanders are a dominant team that has won six series over the last three years, including back to back final four appearances and are the winners of the best division in hockey. Kind of disingenuous to lump both teams in the same bucket. One is a Cinderella and one isn’t.

That being said, I see why you’re upset as both have beaten the defense-optional Pens the last three years.

I like seeing stars win championships. The NHL needs to cater their product to allow their stars to have success in the playoffs, not cater their product to allow players like Matt Martin to be relevant in the NHL.

I’m rooting for Montreal though. They have a fun team.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I like seeing stars win championships. The NHL needs to cater their product to allow their stars to have success in the playoffs, not cater their product to allow players like Matt Martin to be relevant in the NHL.

I’m rooting for Montreal though. They have a fun team.

How should the NHL "Cater" to teams with star players while simultaneously keeping the product genuine and legitimate?

What about the current system is unfair to any team no longer playing? What exactly is the league doing to keep teams like the Canadiens and Islanders playing?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
How should the NHL "Cater" to teams with star players while simultaneously keeping the product genuine and legitimate?

What about the current system is unfair to any team no longer playing? What exactly is the league doing to keep teams like the Canadiens and Islanders playing?

Call penalties more regularly in regards to holding and hooking, take one person in scrums, further crack down on subtle interference.

The East in general has some of the most exciting players in the league yet every top team is playing the Trotz playbook. It is terrible.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Call penalties more regularly, take one person in the scrums, further crack down on subtle interference.
You mean like Kris Letang trying to hold guys as they pressure Brian Doumulin for the puck or Brandon Tanev trying to scum guys after the whistle in front of the net? Which shall we crack down on if it comes to that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad