An experiment for this season

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I bet if 10 of us did the same game we would have as much as 20% difference in our totals.

The definition is not arbitrary at all. Of course it's going to very depending on what the person actually sees as I mentioned in my suggestion to have everyone count the same game and laugh at the results. Just like eyewitness testimony being nearly worthless in investigations because the brain tricks people into seeing things they didn't really see.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Funny; my perception hasn't been that the Devils undercounted shots, but that most NHL arenas overcounted shots.

I can definitely say with certainly from watching so many Rangers games that MSG is particularly outrageous.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You know how the Devils home score is notorious for undercounting shots? Why don't a few of us track stats live while we watch the games and see how much we differ from the Devils home scorer and even each other

Who is in?

You would have to count away games as well and quite a few before you found any sort of true pattern. Would help if somehow you knew of an arena that was considered spot on with shot tracking to help measure it but it isn't imperative.

You would need to do at least an equal amount of home and away and if it's true we undercount shots the pattern should start to emerge. 10 games might be to few.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad