Amped for this Season

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I have to say, this coming year is going to be the most interesting season we have had since the signing of Yashin/Peca/Osgood. What was that, 12 years ago?

1. New ownership – True fans (and that includes all of us here) will understand and appreciate new ownership coming in and the effect that can and will have on the fanbase and team. While there is a delay of two years, that isn’t a big deal when you look at the grand scheme of things. Howie Rose mentioned that Wang had been trying to sell for years, before this week’s news. I’m sure this was well known to management as well as players. Needless to say it would have a detrimental impact on morale--- which shows on the ice. I expect to see a marked improvement in the teams energy level, morale, and W’s. This also opens the doors for talent to come to the NYI, as we actually will have mgmt. who knows and cares about the game.

2. Signings. Not going to rehash the trades/acquisitions over the past several months, but with more offensive depth and a far better goaltending tandem, we should have a much better year.

3. Last year of the Isles at Coliseum – The trifecta. Under my assumption that the Isles will be playing better hockey and then combining with the improved feel and aura around the team, the celebrations of this franchise should be a lot of fun. I don’t think much has been leaked around this, but I would expect some big nights. If there is a John Tonelli night, everyone must attend. He is a prime example of the hustle and energy that this team needs to be successful.

Other intangibles are the move to Brooklyn and the excitement that brings. While some of us aren’t thrilled with it, it definitely helps in trying to sign players and putting butts in the seats. No longer catering to 12 year olds (see ya Sparky!) and having a professional sales and marketing team in a real location will do nothing but help this team. Pretty sure that players would rather have adults watching and cheering than a 8 year old eating cotton candy. Ice girls are going to have to remain.

If I were Snow and Capuano, or any of the coaches around this team, you have to figure that they are NOW moved into the spotlight. While Wang might not have cared about the product and results on the ice, new ownership in a new market, WILL CARE. THANK GOD. For the past 8 years these guys have been throwing out every cliché and crap response to anything and have had zero accountability in their jobs. Time for results boys. Stop with the excuses and do the real job you have been paid to do, or expect to get a pinkslip. Looking RIGHT AT YOU GARTH.

I’ve been a harsh critic (in most cases, rightfully so) around this team for the longest time, but I can honestly say that I truly can’t wait for the season to start.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
The fact that this thread was created by Bones, amps ME up! If Bones can get excited about Islanders hockey again, then things really are looking up.

Now, where's Twine?

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I'm so excited for this season. Real goaltender, top-NHL quality forward depth (I'm not even joking when I say that, it might be one of the best in the NHL), and a season to fight for? This will be one for the ages.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Yeah, I'm pretty excited, best Islander's summer I can remember in a LONG time. Can't help but be optimistic. Love the goalie signings, Halak was my favorite choice of a goalie FA this offseason, and was psyched we got him. And Chad Johnson was the guy I wanted as a backup. Like the Grabovski and Kulemin signings, and excited to see how this all adds up. Add in the excitement of new owners, and it's been a great summer !

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
My amp goes to 11.

LOL.

Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Very excited for this upcoming season. I need my Isles back because I'm getting really antsy. As always I'm petrified for November, because that's usually the month we flake. But I love the depth we have, so here's to a good season fellas.

BroadwayJay*

Yeah, I'm pretty excited, best Islander's summer I can remember in a LONG time. Can't help but be optimistic. Love the goalie signings, Halak was my favorite choice of a goalie FA this offseason, and was psyched we got him. And Chad Johnson was the guy I wanted as a backup. Like the Grabovski and Kulemin signings, and excited to see how this all adds up. Add in the excitement of new owners, and it's been a great summer !

I wanted Reimer/Peters because a Halak/Johnson pair was unrealistic in my mind.

Voltage is high, resistance is low. If you know electricity, you know what that means for your amperage.

Al Arbour

Aug 18, 2014
New York
At this point in the year, I'm always super amped for the season - because I've been watching the Mets for months. But the feeling is special this time, I have a very good feeling.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I am actually truly pumped for this season. This season is make or break for us. If our D can hold up, then I think we can make great things happen this year.

carparkno1

Oct 12, 2011
In the UK we don't tend to say "amped", so in my best London vernacular I shall day I am "properly bang up for this season bruv".

Just organising flights to come see a weeks worth of games over Xmas... No November flunk allowed!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad