Amnesty clause: Yashin

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Could NYI theoretically use the amnesty clause to wipe Yashin's 3 more years of 2.2 million from the cap?

I heard DP is a consideration but I can't think of another candidate for amnesty, could this be a possible solution?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Could NYI theoretically use the amnesty clause to wipe Yashin's 3 more years of 2.2 million from the cap?

I heard DP is a consideration but I can't think of another candidate for amnesty, could this be a possible solution?

There are 2 and 1/2 yrs left on Yashin's buyout. The Isles are paying him $2.2m per.

I don't think the isles will be spending up to the cap ceiling in the next 2 and 1/2 seasons, so I don't think it makes much sense to use the amnesty buyout on Yashin.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
Yashin;
First I dont think you can Buy out a Buy out. Second the buy out is proping up tha cap number which it good.

DiPietro;
I highly doubt he will be bought out. After being injured in Germany I hope that even he realizes his Body is just not physically able to compete. Untill he retires due to injury the Islanders will use and enjoy his 4+Million dolar cap hit while he gets payed by insurance. Unless the insurance runs up then it will be whichever is cheaper.

The Buy-outs are not till next year anyway so no worries till next year.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If I am correct including this year the Islanders only have 2 more years to pay him out

ETA: I am wrong it is 3 years

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Yashin;
First I dont think you can Buy out a Buy out. Second the buy out is proping up tha cap number which it good.

DiPietro;
I highly doubt he will be bought out. After being injured in Germany I hope that even he realizes his Body is just not physically able to compete. Untill he retires due to injury the Islanders will use and enjoy his 4+Million dolar cap hit while he gets payed by insurance. Unless the insurance runs up then it will be whichever is cheaper.

The Buy-outs are not till next year anyway so no worries till next year.

Let's hope DP retires soon or have the insurance take the contract off the Isles books.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I may be wrong but I don't think Islanders are actually paying Yashin. He's already been paid. The CAP hit just stays on the books based on buyout rules. Why not file the paperwork get that money off the cap then actually sign someone that will contribute?

Of course that all means nothing if Yashin is actually getting paid this 2.5 mill a season but I don't think that is the way it works.

Also like above not sure the leauge would allow clearing a pre-existing buyout but if I was snow I would be making a phone call.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I may be wrong but I don't think Islanders are actually paying Yashin. He's already been paid. The CAP hit just stays on the books based on buyout rules. Why not file the paperwork get that money off the cap then actually sign someone that will contribute?

Of course that all means nothing if Yashin is actually getting paid this 2.5 mill a season but I don't think that is the way it works.

Also like above not sure the leauge would allow clearing a pre-existing buyout but if I was snow I would be making a phone call.

I think you are wrong. The last lockout buyout, called for teams to pay players 2/3 of their remaining contract, over twice the length of their remaining yrs.

For example : a player with 4 yrs/$24m left on his contract, would be paid $16m over an 8 yr period.

I'm pretty sure the isles are still paying Yashin $2.2m per.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I think you are wrong. The last lockout buyout, called for teams to pay players 2/3 of their remaining contract, over twice the length of their remaining yrs.

Is that how they are actually getting paid, or just how the resultant cap hit is calculated?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad