GDT: Amerks/Cyclones PLAYOFF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

"Arttu Ruotsalainen has had the hot hand ever since the playoffs began, showing an innate ability to find the net regardless of the angle, the traffic or the positioning of the goaltender."

Last edited:

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Backed into the playoffs, and now on the verge of doing something special.

They don't fool around in OT. Back-to-back wins in the first 2 minutes? Nice!

Reactions: Club

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
XGmQ15ZoUirpDiQYJB.gif

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
He really is. These types of players aren't a dime a dozen. He may never wow us with his production at the NHL level (remains to be seen), but he has already shown he can elevate when games matter.
I never loved this kind of statement because it sort of implies he's not giving his best in other games

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I never loved this kind of statement because it sort of implies he's not giving his best in other games

I don't think it really has anything to do with effort. Some guys can be paralyzed by nerves or the pressure of the moment, some guys can remain calm, and some others get an adrenaline boost.

Some people feel an added level of stress in big moments it can affect breathing, lactic acid build up, etc. This is a big thing in sports psychology.

I'm not making any judgements about Krebs, just pointing out that there is an entire field dedicated to this type of thing.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
I don't think it really has anything to do with effort. Some guys can be paralyzed by nerves or the pressure of the moment, some guys can remain calm, and some others get an adrenaline boost.

Some people feel an added level of stress in big moments it can affect breathing, lactic acid build up, etc. This is a big thing in sports psychology.

I'm not making any judgements about Krebs, just pointing out that there is an entire field dedicated to this type of thing.
Folks who assume all athletes perform at the same level in all kinds of situations on all days/nights probably haven't played much athletics.

There are all kinds of ups and downs and things like "pressure" absolutely has an impact on player performance. And without question, some guys handle it much better than others.

Saying someone is a "gamer" may sound like non-scientific voodoo, but it is just a simple way of saying "has positive psychological attributes" or maybe something like that.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Folks who assume all athletes perform at the same level in all kinds of situations on all days/nights probably haven't played much athletics.

There are all kinds of ups and downs and things like "pressure" absolutely has an impact on player performance. And without question, some guys handle it much better than others.

Saying someone is a "gamer" may sound like non-scientific voodoo, but it is just a simple way of saying "has positive psychological attributes" or maybe something like that.
Guys that get the "they are a gamer" label come in a few different flavors, too.

You have the mentally tough guys that thrive in big pressure moments and you have the guys that don't work that hard in practice because they care more about the game.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Don't know -

No one in a position to do so is asking and thus no one has answered.

My man's accolades, meanwhile, are tweeted about as recently as one day ago:

He wasn't on Suzie's morning injury update thread, so that makes me think he's scratched, but why no reporting? Trying to protect/re-build his defensive confidence?

I only care because he's a fairly notable Sabres D prospect who's value (PP) will never see the light of day here (because of 26/25), and so I wonder if he's on the trade block this summer.

He's also part of our insanely bad RD depth, so he matters atm.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

He wasn't on Suzie's morning injury update thread, so that makes me think he's scratched, but why no reporting? Trying to protect/re-build his defensive confidence?

I only care because he's a fairly notable Sabres D prospect who's value (PP) will never see the light of day here (because of 26/25), and so I wonder if he's on the trade block this summer.

I wonder if Adams views him as part of their RD depth for next season?

The Sabres dressed 12 different D this season and Laaksonen didn't get a single game when guys like Prow and Wolanin got games.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

The last thing I recall was him being part of the play where Schmelzer ran UPL. I will take a look to see if I can see anything if I still have replay rights on AHLTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad