GDT: AMERICA ON TOP OF THE HOCKEY WORLD! USA USA USA

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Hell of a coaching job by Lealman. Team USA took out a team of Canadian thoroughbreds by getting their workhorses to outwork them, and their racehorses going full tilt all night. One team played with a higher compete level than the other, then protected the lead like a pro contender. Was hoping for a more competitive game from the Canadian side, but it was good to watch some hockey again.

First Woman Assistant Coach, too!! This tournament went great for USA after that first Russia game!!

Legendary achievements all around!!

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Trevor Zegras was so classless eh, I hope when he plays my NHL team my team's goon beats him up.

-Every Canadian

If they're referring to the interview, I don't see how stating fact is being classless. Up to that point Canada WASN'T tested. I think all of their fans knew that but would never acknowledge it because doing so would mean halting the massive circle j**k that was going on

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I think it's because he said Canada hasn't faced any "real teams", which i'll admit is poorly worded.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I think it's because he said Canada hasn't faced any "real teams", which i'll admit is poorly worded.
Well he was right. USA was the best team they faced by far. USA losing to Russia in the opener gave the impression that Russia was better than they actually were and USA were worse. USA was SUPER rusty in that game as most of its guys have barely played all year and Knight pretty much handed the game to the Russians. I thought Canada still had the best team but after that it was USA and no one was close. No one else could have beaten Canada for Gold not even Finland.

Anyway I said is since the group stage Canada had one of the easiest cupcake groups imaginable and it came back to bite them.

I just saw next years Groups and its exactly the same lol. USA stuck with Russia and Sweden again.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If they're referring to the interview, I don't see how stating fact is being classless. Up to that point Canada WASN'T tested. I think all of their fans knew that but would never acknowledge it because doing so would mean halting the massive circle j**k that was going on

To be fair, it was mostly in jest but I assume that's what they're saying. Hockey fans, especially Canadians are obsessed with class and also players fighting for no reason.

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Trevor Zegras was so classless eh, I hope when he plays my NHL team my team's goon beats him up.

-Every Canadian

I won't pretend to speak for "every" Canadian. Congrats on the win. The better team won the most important game. Looking forward to Laf wearing blue, but it would have been nice to have had him wearing red last night along with Dach. I'm not sure why the disrespect for Levi's play. Letting in only two against the champs while facing so many chances was solid. Enjoy the title.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I won't pretend to speak for "every" Canadian. Congrats on the win. The better team won the most important game. Looking forward to Laf wearing blue, but it would have been nice to have had him wearing red last night along with Dach. I'm not sure why the disrespect for Levi's play. Letting in only two against the champs while facing so many chances was solid. Enjoy the title.

I think people don't like when players get over-praised. The entire tournament the guy was lauded as a mix of Hasek, Brodeur, and Roy, while barely breaking a sweat. He played well yesterday but there was too much praise his way for a good but not special performance. That's just my take.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think people don't like when players get over-praised. The entire tournament the guy was lauded as a mix of Hasek, Brodeur, and Roy, while barely breaking a sweat. He played well yesterday but he there was too much praise his way for a good but not special performance. That's just my take.

The disrespect is because he was being hyped up for making 2 tough saves all tournament.

Zegras was honest enough to call it out.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Anyway, I wouldn't say he was " lit up " as you claimed he would be at some point.

yeah US kind of stopped shooting like halfway through the 2nd period. Its hard to give up goals if the other team isn't really trying to score. Had they kept on pushing the offense, they would have put up 4 or more (whether or not that would have resulted in 4 or more going in the other end? probably not, but I don't know for sure.)

Even in this game, I wouldn't say he was tested all that much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad