Signing(s): Amari Cooper re-signs with the Cowboys (5 years, $100 million)

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
How is he overrated ( never mind the most overrated WR in the NFL ) ???? In 1.5 seasons with Dallas he has over 1,900 yards receiving, averaged 14.5 yards per reception and scored 14 TDs. Sounds pretty damn good to me. :thumbu:

Good take at the time, bad take now.
He’s going to be released.

From the Cowboys perspective, I get it since he’s due 20 million dollars that can be spent elsewhere.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leaking it early hoping someone trades for him

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Good take at the time, bad take now.
He’s going to be released.

From the Cowboys perspective, I get it since he’s due 20 million dollars that can be spent elsewhere.
He’s probably the best WR or 2nd best WR in the NFCE and still really good. I don’t agree with cutting him. But ever since Stephen has taken over he’s gone in the complete opposite of Jerry’s aggressiveness. That Zeke contract is crippling the cowboys. One of the worst contracts ever signed.

Reactions: fin8

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
He’s probably the best WR or 2nd best WR in the NFCE and still really good. I don’t agree with cutting him. But ever since Stephen has taken over he’s gone in the complete opposite of Jerry’s aggressiveness. That Zeke contract is crippling the cowboys. One of the worst contracts ever signed.

Yeah they should really move in from Zeke, guy cashed in when he was still productive. Now that guy can barely be what he was 5 years ago.

All his supporters in the media where like PAY ZEKE! Now that he got paid, he’s been cashing checks, fumbling the ball, can’t go around defenders, hurt, etc.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Yeah they should really move in from Zeke, guy cashed in when he was still productive. Now that guy can barely be what he was 5 years ago.

All his supporters in the media where like PAY ZEKE! Now that he got paid, he’s been cashing checks, fumbling the ball, can’t go around defenders, hurt, etc.
Can’t move on from Zeke, that contract is literally crippling. It was the only contract they really negotiated that they couldn’t get out of it. Cooper got paid but you knew it was gonna happen after they gave up the first. I don’t think he’s a GREAT WR, really good one yes. But for how much talent is coming in at WR year after year. It’s getting really tough to pay those guys that aren’t absolutely game breaking.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Zeke deal guarantees the next season a year early from what I understand. So that’s what makes it a hard deal to move off of. But they will have to eat it sooner or later. Maybe for 2023 as the cap will increase a lot for that season.

figured either Cooper or Gallup would not be a cowboy next season. Gallup with an acl so he’s out for the early part of next season. He’s likely a short term contract guy.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Can’t move on from Zeke, that contract is literally crippling. It was the only contract they really negotiated that they couldn’t get out of it. Cooper got paid but you knew it was gonna happen after they gave up the first. I don’t think he’s a GREAT WR, really good one yes. But for how much talent is coming in at WR year after year. It’s getting really tough to pay those guys that aren’t absolutely game breaking.

The Zeke deal is crippling either way, but from what I understand, we save a lot more money moving on next season than we do this season.

Anyways, dumb move. Cooper will shine somewhere else..the Cowboys weren’t giving him any targets. With that said, the cap matters and he had a monster contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad