Signing(s): Amari Cooper re-signs with the Cowboys (5 years, $100 million)

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I want to say this is nuts, but then I look at what guys like Cooks, Watkins, Landry, Diggs and Robinson make. Welcome to next iteration of salary cap inflation.

Reactions: Voight

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Dak's going to have a damn good group of receivers next season with Cooper, Michael Gallup, Randall Cobb ( hopefully he gets re-signed ) , Blake Jarwin at TE and some rookie WR they grab in the middle rounds in the upcoming draft.

Last edited:

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Yikes

Most overrated receiver in the league

Apparently he took less to stay in Dallas as opposed to taking more w Washington because he “wants to win”

Like he’ll be winning anymore than a wild card game with the Cowboys lmfao

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yikes

Most overrated receiver in the league

Apparently he took less to stay in Dallas as opposed to taking more w Washington because he “wants to win”

Like he’ll be winning anymore than a wild card game with the Cowboys lmfao

Awww how cute, about time your team won.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
His inconsistency at times kills me, but Dallas had no choice here. They dealt a 1st for him and also have no other viable options to replace him. With Zeke also signed and a Dak extension likely on the way, its not the worst idea to have your QB/WR1/RB1 all locked into deals.

But could Jerry just not have traded for Hopkins? :laugh:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
His inconsistency at times kills me, but Dallas had no choice here. They dealt a 1st for him and also have no other viable options to replace him. With Zeke also signed and a Dak extension likely on the way, its not the worst idea to have your QB/WR1/RB1 all locked into deals.

But could Jerry just not have traded for Hopkins? :laugh:
If Hopkins is looking for a Cooper type contract is it worth giving up a 2nd? Have to replace Jones at CB and look at adding youth to an expensive OL. Dallas paying 4/5 OL big money. Add in a RB, WR and QB that’s 7 highly paid guys in O.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If Hopkins is looking for a Cooper type contract is it worth giving up a 2nd? Have to replace Jones at CB and look at adding youth to an expensive OL. Dallas paying 4/5 OL big money. Add in a RB, WR and QB that’s 7 highly paid guys in O.

Hopkins is locked in another 2 years.

Sure he could hold out, but still.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I was really hoping the Skins would have gotten this deal through. Scary Terry and Cooper would have been a great duo at WR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad