Amalie Arena name - Hate it? Tolerate it?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm new to the arena regardless, just hope my navigation does not get messed up when I drive from Orlando to Tampa on Oct 9th.

So, I'm indifferent to the name change.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I don't hate it. Any resistance I have to it is purely sentimental. It's been "The Forum" since I became a Bolts fan. I'll admit that it does flow well and I like that it's a local company again. Just gonna take some getting used to.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Because I don't actually live in Tampa Bay, and therefore have never been to the arena, all I can think about is how it's good that there's more money at the team's disposal (and I mean more than just the actual on-ice product) than just whatever's in Jeff Vinik's bank account.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Because I don't actually live in Tampa Bay, and therefore have never been to the arena, all I can think about is how it's good that there's more money at the team's disposal (and I mean more than just the actual on-ice product) than just whatever's in Jeff Vinik's bank account.

You've never even been to the best arena in the league? Come on man! Gotta make a trip down!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You've never even been to the best arena in the league? Come on man! Gotta make a trip down!

Some friends and I are gonna try to make a trip to Montreal or Ottawa to see them this year. I tried to catch Drouin in a Mooseheads game last year but he sat out "sick." :p

Kristia

Old folks home..
Mar 10, 2006
Tampa Bay Area....
I choose Tolerate it. Will miss calling it The Forum. :(

Now will be able to say, we can meet up at AA. Lord knows some around here need it with all the drinking games..:laugh: To bad RM's gone..:sarcasm:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Me neither :( have always wanted to. Been to some games in Montreal and Buffalo and Boston though.

Some friends and I are gonna try to make a trip to Montreal or Ottawa to see them this year. I tried to catch Drouin in a Mooseheads game last year but he sat out "sick." :p

I'm making a trip with my dad this season to Montreal and Ottawa actually. Excited to hit some Canadian arenas for the first time. Seriously though, I've been to 10 NHL arenas (mostly along the East coast) and the Forum (Arena :() is the best one I've been in

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I don't hate it but I am closer to disliking it then loving it. Arena sounds so bland.

I wish it had the same name like the Saddledome in the sense that no matter who has the sponsorship it's still the Saddledome.

Thunderdome or Ice Palace should always have been part of the title. St Pete times ice palace. Amalie Thunderdome. Just sounds so much better.

Last edited:

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Don't like it, but can tolerate it. Care more about the product on the ice and the arena amenities than I do the name. Also like that it's a local company.

Bolto

?
Nov 3, 2006
Spring Hill, FL
The Ice Palace was the best name for this venue. Thunderdome was great for when they played in the Trop.

These days naming rights bring in big bucks. Hope they use it to keep Stamkos...................

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I'm new to the arena regardless, just hope my navigation does not get messed up when I drive from Orlando to Tampa on Oct 9th.

So, I'm indifferent to the name change.

You could always pay me a few hundred dollars a year to tell you, "Go west on I-4."

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I voted ’tolerate it’, I’m just glad that they didn’t name it 'Amalie Oil Arena', now that I would have hated.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
As I have always used 'Ice Palace' and will do in the future, it makes no difference to me, so voted Tolerate.
If there was a 4th option 'Do not care' I would have picked that.
Only thing I really care about is winning; the uniforms could be pink with yellow stripes, and played in the Toilet Bowl, if it meant another Cup.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You could always pay me a few hundred dollars a year to tell you, "Go west on I-4."

LOL, yeah it is pretty easy, just never done it before. I drove from my house near Sarasota to Orlando, so just grazed the forum....sorry... arena. Flew into Tampa a bunch of times but took 275 which is the other side going past where the Rays play..... why am I even explaining the area to a native of Tampa. :laugh: You get my drift.

Come to NYC sometime. :help:

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
LOL, yeah it is pretty easy, just never done it before. I drove from my house near Sarasota to Orlando, so just grazed the forum....sorry... arena. Flew into Tampa a bunch of times but took 275 which is the other side going past where the Rays play..... why am I even explaining the area to a native of Tampa. :laugh: You get my drift.

Come to NYC sometime. :help:

I'm not really much of a Tampa native. I'm an inland redneck/cracker morelike. I'm getting used to the city myself (275 is a DUMP from Howard-Armenia to Veterans, I've found).

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not really much of a Tampa native. I'm an inland redneck/cracker morelike. I'm getting used to the city myself (275 is a DUMP from Howard-Armenia to Veterans, I've found).

Yeah, I am not familiar with that area, I know more south of there, like around Sarasota and Venice. But I hear some parts of Tampa are really nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad