Post-Game Talk (GBU): Am I drunk or did we just score 5?

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
G: Foligno, Moulson and Ellis
The PK outshooting and out scoring for the firs 3 powerplays
Myers and Miller
B: Stafford's injury.
Hard work might always beat talent. But Nothing beats being "lucky"

U: Every statistic but the final score.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Is just extremely unfair and bull **** that the Oilers had more #1 picks from 2010,2011 and 2012 then the Sabres have had since 1970. Like the one year where we are absolutely terrible and in the basement and we are about to overtake the Oilers for last place. I am so sick of Edmonton icing garbage teams and purposely trying to accumulate #1 picks. Can't wait for when RNH, Hall, Eberle etc will all be making 6-7 mil cap hit making them unable to compete.

This was a terrible game for us. We win and we were totally outplayed. I really want Miller gone immediately.

KeepCalmandCorsiOn

Jun 30, 2013
Just got home. I guess my 6-4 CBJ W was a little off...

What a bunch of trolls. This team has mastered ending winning streaks... but losing everything else. :laugh:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Let's choose to remain above the petty crap. Ekblad/Reinhart/worst case Bennett... all good players, nothing to flip a lid over. Can't we just be glad we're getting some good assets going forward? Seems a little ridiculous to begin all the bad mouthing when nothing is set in stone. I prefer to be the optimist (and cheer for a Sabres tank) than snarl at other teams in the same leaky boat as us. Honestly, I feel bad that the Oilers are challenging us for last place. That reflects poorly on their team (and drafting choices).
he's been doing this for quite awhile. And you completely misread read my tone.

ZeroPT*

the oilers are an embarrassment to the word hockey. Nothing about that team is good. Every single aspect. Fans,Players,Management,etc. we all know this, let's just stop complaining and let it happen. And wowzers this is good and bad news.. the one game I don't watch is the one game where we decide to score 5.. cool. Wolf of Wall street was totally worth it though :D

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
Just got home. I guess my 6-4 CBJ W was a little off...

What a bunch of trolls. This team has mastered ending winning streaks... but losing everything else. :laugh:

There's always that spoiler team who looked like an easy win. Every Sabre game these days has the potential to be a trap game for somebody.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
he's been doing this for quite awhile. And you completely misread read my tone.

In that case I heartily apologize... truly. I like to try to keep our HF discussions on an even keel but if I went overboard, that's my mistake. I really dislike people who stir the pot just to push a certain agenda or just to start flaming where no sparks exist. Lately, I've been noticing some posters who like to attack other poster for expressing a different opinion. If I became the evil I was trying to eradicate, I am ashamed. (I'm also slightly tipsy, but I hate to blame alcohol for my mistakes)

Like I tried to express earlier, (IMO) it's not a huge deal if the Sabres get screwed over in the draft lottery. There are several talented players every year, despite the negative hype surrounding this particular draft. Personally, a top 3 pick would make me happy no matter who we chose.

Honestly, I don't see next year as the year we start competing. At the same time, we've got a lot of UFAs that could be turned into first round picks. Every pick we receive is an opportunity (just look at Girgensons/Zadorov-- two players we weren't supposed to get). No matter what decisions our team makes, I'll be excited for our future. I just never agreed that bashing other teams on silly hockey boards was going to influence our moves one way or the other.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Good: Shooting every chance we got.

Bad: (For the tank) Injuries to Leino and Stafford (although I'll give him credit for some good play the past few games).

Ugly: Tank is off.

They lost 4 in a row before this game. One win, and they're marching to 10th place?

KeepCalmandCorsiOn

Jun 30, 2013
There's always that spoiler team who looked like an easy win. Every Sabre game these days has the potential to be a trap game for somebody.

I remember when they ended Pitt's big winning streaks twice last season. It was pretty funny. :laugh:

Also, yeah... wtf? People need to quit overreacting when they win a game here and there. Relax. They will still be at the bottom of the barrel come April.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
They lost 4 in a row before this game. One win, and they're marching to 10th place?

Hyperbole is fun occasionally. Obviously, we're still scraping the bottom. Start winning against the Panthers and I'll be concerned :laugh:

Seriously, this season is kind of a throwaway. I just like to have fun with our losing ways.

EDIT: Sorry if I appeared to overreact in previous posts... I thought more people would understand my sense of humor. Please carry on.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I remember when they ended Pitt's big winning streaks twice last season. It was pretty funny. :laugh:

Also, yeah... wtf? People need to quit overreacting when they win a game here and there. Relax. They will still be at the bottom of the barrel come April.

Do you mean like ...

after every goal the Sabres score somebody says TANK OFF!!!!

Then every time Miller/Enroth lets in a goal TANK ON!!!!

Every win TANK OFF!!!!

Every loss TANK ON!!!!

Yea, that's not tired, lame and beat to death at all. It's refreshing, new, exciting and quite clever.

:sarcasm:

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
Do you mean like ...

after every goal the Sabres score somebody says TANK OFF!!!!

Then every time Miller/Enroth lets in a goal TANK ON!!!!

Every win TANK OFF!!!!

Every loss TANK ON!!!!

Yea, that's not tired, lame and beat to death at all. It's refreshing, new, exciting and quite clever.

:sarcasm:

Tank on, tank off. The tanker.

KeepCalmandCorsiOn

Jun 30, 2013
Hyperbole is fun occasionally. Obviously, we're still scraping the bottom. Start winning against the Panthers and I'll be concerned :laugh:

Seriously, this season is kind of a throwaway. I just like to have fun with our losing ways.

EDIT: Sorry if I appeared to overreact in previous posts... I thought more people would understand my sense of humor. Please carry on.

Wasn't talking about you. Just in general.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Man I'm terrible with sarcasm on forums. I can't read tone at all.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Lmao wtf was that I just watched?! This is why you get phrases like "well at least we outplayed them" Sabres were dominated.

G:
Miller
CBJ
PK

B:
RJ kept calling Varone Konopka
that game despite winning, was one of the ugliest games I've seen in a while.

U:
Sabres
CBJ goalies and PP

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
First game scoring >4 goals
First game winning by >2
End of the easiest stretch of the schedule. Look ahead... If you're worried about the tank, don't be.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
It blows my mind how bad the oilers are

The MacTavish era has certainly gotten off on the wrong foot. Getting into shouting matches with fans is not the sign of a composed GM. Katz's letter was -- among many things -- a clear sign that he holds MacTavish accountable for the product on the ice. This is Craig's team, system, structure, whatever. The Oilers were a great team to watch up until the Pronger fiasco. I hope they get things back on track, but wonder if MacTavish will be given adequate time to remold the team given the heightened level of anxiety and rage swirling around the franchise.

Columbus must be scratching their heads this morning after last nights game. Last night was the definition of "winning every battle, but losing the war."

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Who cares, we will develop a better player then your lousy organization. I can't recall ever seeing a fan who's team has been in the lottery mix so excited over another potential top pick, you race over to your boards the second we win a game, then come over and congratulate us on a win when you damn well know we don't care all that much if we win or lose as long as the effort is there.

I enjoyed the win, it was a fun game to watch even if it was CBJ vs Miller. That post was completely unnecessary dude and gives the rest of us a bad name.

Regarding the game never have I seen a team play so badly and win. Stunning game, I actually laughed out loud at some points.

Last edited:

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Is just extremely unfair and bull **** that the Oilers had more #1 picks from 2010,2011 and 2012 then the Sabres have had since 1970. Like the one year where we are absolutely terrible and in the basement and we are about to overtake the Oilers for last place. I am so sick of Edmonton icing garbage teams and purposely trying to accumulate #1 picks. Can't wait for when RNH, Hall, Eberle etc will all be making 6-7 mil cap hit making them unable to compete.

This was a terrible game for us. We win and we were totally outplayed. I really want Miller gone immediately.

Yay lets have a team no FA wants to sign with and is the embarrassment of the league! I just can't wait! I'm so looking forward to that day because the day the team you support actually gets you sympathy is the day you are a true winner...

French Connection

Aug 16, 2007

HUH, what did you just say here?

You hate when a team tanks to get a number one, but you insist on trading Miller for what reason?

French Connection

Aug 16, 2007
It blows my mind how bad the oilers are

It is an indication that getting a number one or multiple number ones is no guarantee. These kids can not play hockey period. It doesn’t matter who says they have talent because what you see on the ice is just out and out garbage.

I would rather have a team fighting for a play off spot and never winning the big one than this Oiler Junk.

Everybody needs to be fired and trade who ever you can as nobody is untouchable on this mess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad