Player Discussion: Alumni Thread

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
I was probably around 14 years old when that trade happened, I remember being disgusted how this adult was acting like a baby.
It was definitely frustrating times. The combination of Turgeon's heart and the league shifting to a slower-grinding game didn't help Pierre very much. Slowly and surely, what remained of the '93 playoff team went away, there wasn't much to build on especially with the Muller situation. Good players were too expensive to keep around yet at the same time our prospects were traded away in bad trades. Such a carousel of nonsense with no end in sight.

Reactions: eoin92

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
It was definitely frustrating times. The combination of Turgeon's heart and the league shifting to a slower-grinding game didn't help Pierre very much. Slowly and surely, what remained of the '93 playoff team went away, there wasn't much to build on especially with the Muller situation. Good players were too expensive to keep around yet at the same time our prospects were traded away in bad trades. Such a carousel of nonsense with no end in sight.
The fact that Turgeon went the other way, was the most heartbreaking part of that trade for me, as a young kid.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad