GDT: ALRIGHTY THEN: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Pittsburgh Penguins, 7 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Coleman has been the most consistent Devil all year. Don't mess with what's not broken.

AMIRITE Hynes?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Also the food drive starts tonight, it says bring a minimum of 2 items but please bring at least 10 items. I hate how they lowered the number of items. You get 2 free tickets for a future game, the least ya can do is bring $10 worth of items.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Tough game with Devils injuries.

I say put Cory Schneider in goal. He wins or gets shell shocked. Don't let Kinkaid lose any confidence.

Go Pats

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Coleman has been the most consistent Devil all year. Don't mess with what's not broken.

AMIRITE Hynes?

shhh do you want to get him scratched???

Tough game with Devils injuries.

I say put Cory Schneider in goal. He wins or gets shell shocked. Don't let Kinkaid lose any confidence.

Go Pats

i agree, this seems like a cory no brainer...said it after the last one

You can’t play Cory when you need a win. He’s incapable of winning a game anymore.

ah i see. when we will not need a win so cory can play? do you expect kinkaid to start every game for the rest of the year?

Reactions: Maine Fan

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
do you expect kinkaid to start every game for the rest of the year?
No. But there’s no reason not to play him in a non-back to back game, after he hasn’t played in 4 nights, where the other guy has looked barely serviceable since returning. And when he’s almost a lock to allow at least 3 goals, like his last 16 consecutive regular season games played.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Neither goalie has confidence right now. You have to keep alternating until one wins, then try and run with him.

Plus Kinkaid won against Pittsburgh a week ago, so that's as close to a "hot hand" as we have. :laugh:

Reactions: liquid1988

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
No. But there’s no reason not to play him in a non-back to back game, after he hasn’t played in 4 nights, where the other guy has looked barely serviceable since returning. And when he’s almost a lock to allow at least 3 goals, like his last 16 consecutive regular season games played.

have you considered that if we play cory once a week (or whenever kinkaid has a bad game) we might be hindering his performance? keeping him in this endless cycle of losses? kinkaid can deal with that type of inconsistent schedule, perhaps cory can’t. the point is, we may as well at least put him in a position to succeed and give him an honest chance. we could do it now and see what he’s worth while people here are fantasizing about making the playoffs, or we can do it in a few months when even the most stubborn posters admit the season is a loss. may as well do it now

play him a few games in a row. he’s bound to win one of them and get this ridiculous monkey off of the entire teams’s backs.

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
have you considered that if we play cory once a week (or whenever kinkaid has a bad game) we might be hindering his performance? keeping him in this endless cycle of losses? kinkaid can deal with that type of inconsistent schedule, perhaps cory can’t. the point is, we may as well at least put him in a position to succeed and give him an honest chance. we could do it now and see what he’s worth while people here are fantasizing about making the playoffs, or we can do it in a few months when even the most stubborn posters admit the season is a loss. may as well do it now

play him a few games in a row. he’s bound to win one of them and get this ridiculous monkey off of the entire teams’s backs.

That actually makes a lot of sense, I can respect that. I just don't know how much of it is really this cycle of losses for Cory though. You'd have hoped maybe the playoff win would have been the monkey off his back, but I'm sure he's still in his own head after the surgery and all.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Neither goalie has confidence right now. You have to keep alternating until one wins, then try and run with him.

Plus Kinkaid won against Pittsburgh a week ago, so that's as close to a "hot hand" as we have. :laugh:

Cory has no confidence but that's mainly bc he hasn't had a win. Out of the last 3 games you really cant fault poor goaltending as the reason they lost (outside the Detroit game). Most of the goals were going in regardless of whos in net (Brodeur, hasek, etc) as we played 0 d.

Every goalies different in terms of confidence and how things affect them. For myself (and I'd say 50-75% of goalies), it doesnt matter the total number of goals let up, rather it's the bad goals. For instance if you let in 5, but had no chance on any, it's not a blow to the confidence level. Now if you let in 5, and after every one say "I should've had that" then you start to lose confidence.

For the other 25% or so, regardless of how the goals went in, you blame yourself and lose confidence that way. Most young goalies, or beginners are like this.

I dont think kk has lost any confidence, and you can tell that by the way he positions himself towards the top of his crease and comes out to challenge shooters. If a goalie has lost his confidence then they tend to play deeper in the crease and dont come out to challange shooters.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Kinkaid just beat Pittsburgh like a week ago, so it makes sense to play him. Plus we play 4 games in 6 days, so Cory will be getting another start soon anyway.

Reactions: Satans Hockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad