Blue Jays Discussion: Alright, no more discontent. Just baseball | ST in Mtl: StL @ Tor | Mar 26/27 7pm ET/4pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Well, if Nick Swisher doesn't think we can make it then I'm not sure there's any point in trying...

Nick-Swisher.jpg

Reactions: Eyedea and SAMCRO44

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
He’s my favourite player on the team. A tremendous athlete, which overcomes a lot his mental deficiencies. He hotdogs a few that he could get under, but that’s fine, people pay good money to be entertained.

So why does him being a Top 10-ish CF over the last few years reflect negatively on the sport?

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Well, if Nick Swisher doesn't think we can make it then I'm not sure there's any point in trying...

Nick-Swisher.jpg
Yeah...If him and ARod say the Yanks and Sawks are tops, who am I to argue? Guess it leaves my summer free, seeing as how there's no point in watching until October....:thumbd:

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017

So we have one hit wonder in Willis, a juiced up ARod that doesn't know how to play the game honestly, a player that at most was a fringe player in Swisher and Rosenthal!!!! Rosenthal is the only valid baseball mind out of the bunch that truly knows baseball. The other picks hold no merit. Angels and Twins for wildcards along with Boston!!! That's a joke.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
First time seeing Bo and Vlad bat, really liked Vlad's patience.

Obviously has a eating disorder, Sherrington must get nervous when he see's him looking like the 3rd baseman he signed from the Giants and cost him his job in Boston.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
The Twins had a good year and made a handful of nice additions, so I get it. I think they'll be in that fight with the Jays, Angels, and Mariners.

Yeah now that Sano's cleared to go they should be right in the thick of it.

Not to mention that you get 57 games against absolute garbage in Detroit/Chicago/Kansas City.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
So why does him being a Top 10-ish CF over the last few years reflect negatively on the sport?

I too am interested in this.

The Twins had a good year and made a handful of nice additions, so I get it. I think they'll be in that fight with the Jays, Angels, and Mariners.

I dunno. They're a pretty distant fourth IMO among those teams. Unless we're betting on the breakouts of Berrios and Buxton (2nd half 2017). I think they need those things to happen, along with all else remaining equal, in order to actually enter the picture for that wild card spot.

Of course its possible, but to be the favourite (not saying you're saying that) for the second wild card for three of those four "experts" is odd.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Yeah now that Sano's cleared to go they should be right in the thick of it.

Not to mention that you get 57 games against absolute garbage in Detroit/Chicago/Kansas City.

Other then playing in that division I really don't see how that pitching staff will hold up this season to be able to compete. Not to mention their Starting 9 are really not that good.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
So what's up with Donaldson, injured again, working on a trade, or confined to the club house to play Cards with Tulo. :help:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
he's actually chilling in Florida. had no interest in playing on the concrete in Montreal.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So what's up with Donaldson, injured again, working on a trade, or confined to the club house to play Cards with Tulo. :help:

He rested up instead of playing on the awful Big O turf.

But you'd know this if you actually paid attention instead of trying to throw out these thinly veiled trolling attempts like the quoted post or the even dumber one about Guerrero Jr.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Most of us seem to think the Jays will be battling the Angels and Twins for the WC2, so it’s not that outrageous to pick either one.

But they may be like Barker, when they get on the Fan590, they’ll pick the Jays, and when they’re on another station they’ll pick someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->