Blue Jays Discussion: Alright, no more discontent. Just baseball | ST in Mtl: StL @ Tor | Mar 26/27 7pm ET/4pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
SpringAheadSale_640x360_pfkt6fqw_zb2tpkjm.jpg

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Dammit @The Nemesis ... We had one more Die Hard movie to go and you couldn't incorporate it into the title.

FOR SHAME.

No. There were only 4 die hard movies. They stopped before they reached the point of no return on stupidity, which would've culminated in something as stupid as casting Jai Courtney in a leading role. THEY STOPPED MAKING DIE HARD MOVIES AFTER THE 4TH ONE.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Next weekend I’ll be trekking to Dunedin with a stop to watch my son play. My favourite time of the year.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
So Donaldson may not be totally not coming back to Toronto next season. I saw Atkins interview and he seemed pretty positive that things will get done. I really think it depends on how we sit at the half way point of the season with the team we have assembled. If we are contending and playing well with the pieces we have, I can see him being resigned around June. If we stink out the joint I can see him being traded. I don't believe we will let this run out without a contract until FA next season. One or the other will happen.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

DUNEDIN, Fla. – Chances are, the Toronto Blue Jays will add to their roster again before opening day.

They’ve addressed their most pressing needs, but they still have some money to spend and potential weaknesses worth addressing.

They’re expecting to make a move of some kind, according to GM Ross Atkins.

“It’s pretty likely,” Atkins said. “Is it 90? Probably 90 per cent.”

That leads to the question of where the Blue Jays would add. Throughout the off-season, Atkins has said the Blue Jays are looking to improve their big-league catching. On Tuesday, he changed his tone somewhat, and sounded more willing than before to rely on Russell Martin, Luke Maile and the catching prospects making their way through the upper minors.

“That position is less likely at this point, but we certainly won’t eliminate it,” Atkins said. “We do feel good about how Luke performed last year as a catcher, how well he handled the pitching staff, how we performed as a team when he was catching on a regular basis.”
That means the Blue Jays are less inclined to pursue catchers for the time being. The options on the free-agent relief market are more plentiful, and that’s “most likely” where the Blue Jays will add, according to Atkins.

The list of free agent relievers includes Trevor Cahill, Tyler Clippard, Seung-hwan Oh, Koji Uehara and Robbie Ross, among others. While Atkins didn’t offer a timetable for a deal, he did say that he’d prefer to add players sooner rather than later.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Can we get Archer without giving up Vlad/Bo/Pearson?

The way they are giving up talent for mid tier guys i would suspect its a possibility but i doubt they move him to us (in division).

Worth noting Shapiro was the GM and Atkins was the Director of Player Development in Cleveland when Archer was drafted by the Indians in 2006.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Biagini starting tomorrow against the Phils.....yes tomorrow.

Not sure it means anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad