OT: Almost 70% want baseball back in Montreal

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
It's all about nostalgia. It wouldn't take 5 years before the attendance drops.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Keep up the positive vibes guys!

Some of us were the fans who went to a depleted stadium to watch our team regardless of where it was located or how bad the team was. I have a real hard time expecting any of these chumps who wouldn't watch back then to show up now and to continue showing up through thick and thin.

Forgive the bitterness, but I just can't see it.

HabsByTheBay

Dec 3, 2010
London
Some of us were the fans who went to a depleted stadium to watch our team regardless of where it was located or how bad the team was. I have a real hard time expecting any of these chumps who wouldn't watch back then to show up now and to continue showing up through thick and thin.

Ah cool, so you don't want baseball back because people didn't show up for a team that ****ed over the fans for a good 10+ years before they finally moved.

Come on, man.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Ah cool, so you don't want baseball back because people didn't show up for a team that ****ed over the fans for a good 10+ years before they finally moved.

Come on, man.

Nowhere did I say I didn't want baseball back. I don't think there's a fanbase here for it anymore.

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal

I was one of those people. I still have hope though. I guess im naive. :(

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
how i would rank my interest if we get a team :

Habs
Bulldogs in Laval ( any news? )
QJMHL
Alouettes
Impact
Baseball

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Its just like hockey in quebec city everyone is for that
but no one wanted the govt to pay for the building

What % would be for baseball's return if the province/city paid the for the stadium

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It's nice if it's private money. Because honestly even if 2% of the population wants it and it makes them happy, no problem as long as others don't pay.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Unless there is a salary cap and floor like in hockey, I say forget it. Otherwise the team will end up once again as a farm team for the big boys.

Would love to see BB back, but have to be realistic.

Saintpatrick*

As long as there is no stadium downtown there will be no baseball here. Someone with very deep pockets will have to be involved that's if Seilg would approve of a relocation or expansion to Montreal.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Baseball will return to Montreal someday, this I believe.

Most of us will probably be old as ****, if not dead when it finally happens though.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Nowhere did I say I didn't want baseball back. I don't think there's a fanbase here for it anymore.

Realism is the new pessimism, I guess.

I love baseball. I went to more Expos games then I can remember. I loved the Expos and would welcome them back in a heart beat and would attend as many games as possible. Do I think it will work? I have some serious doubts.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
You know, the biggest thing out of this is that MLB HAS pretty much set the condition for us getting a team back i.e. getting a new stadium.

There are some spots where they could put it... the Hippodrome... the old Planetarium... outside chance, but I think the location of the O is not really a problem, its the stadium itself that's too big and that has the structural issues. So you could always tear the Big O down and build the new one on top of it.

Anybody knows a billionaire willing to pay for stadium + team + payroll of the team?

Sined

The AndroidBugler!
Jun 25, 2007
Did you hear the latest poll?

100% of current Baseball commissioners would let an MLB team back in Montreal.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
There are some spots where they could put it... the Hippodrome... the old Planetarium... outside chance, but I think the location of the O is not really a problem, its the stadium itself that's too big and that has the structural issues. So you could always tear the Big O down and build the new one on top of it.

Tearing the Big O down was estimated to cost $700 millions as they need to disassemble everything piece by piece.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Henry+Aubin+Holes+roof+meet+holes+logic/8722731/story.html

You can bet no one will ever build a new stadium on top of a subway again. Simply getting a new roof for this POS (they need one sooner or later) will cost about the same as getting a new stadium. Montrealers are not done paying for this fiasco for many many years to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad