Value of: All your Rasmus are belong to us. CGY-BUF

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
What is the situation with Adam Fox? He could also be a player of interest.
Thats who I want from CGY and surely we can have him is there is some dangers hes going the UFA route and he has some ties to our region. Nylander for Fox straight up with a conditional 2nd round pick in 2019 if Fox doesnt sign in Buffalo for some reason. We could end up giving up Nylander for either Fox or a 2nd but depending on the confidence level that he would sign here it may be worth the risk.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Thats who I want from CGY and surely we can have him is there is some dangers hes going the UFA route and he has some ties to our region. Nylander for Fox straight up with a conditional 2nd round pick in 2019 if Fox doesnt sign in Buffalo for some reason. We could end up giving up Nylander for either Fox or a 2nd but depending on the confidence level that he would sign here it may be worth the risk.

I'd do that. We gotta trade someone on our defense

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
And based on reported showings in Rochester we need to get rid off Nylander while there is still some value attached to his name..

He just turned 20 years old. Many prospects have struggled in the AHL as teenagers and turned out to be just fine in the long run.

I'm as disappointed in him as anyone and I don't mind trading him, but I think it's too early to be assuming that he's fast-tracked to bustville.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
He just turned 20 years old. Many prospects have struggled in the AHL as teenagers and turned out to be just fine in the long run.

I'm as disappointed in him as anyone and I don't mind trading him, but I think it's too early to be assuming that he's fast-tracked to bustville.
I dont watch Roch, just going by comments and actions coming from there...he is trending towards a bust. 20 years old is not an excuse for inferior production in my book in an NHL that is trending towards youth success.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

I’ve got no doubt that Fox would be inclined to sign with Buffalo given Calgary’s current RD depth situation.

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
I dont watch Roch, just going by comments and actions coming from there...he is trending towards a bust. 20 years old is not an excuse for inferior production in my book in an NHL that is trending towards youth success.

I've seen him play a fair amount. He hasn't looked great, tends to float around and disappear at times. But there are definitely flashes where you can see his high-level vision and playmaking ability, and he still has a good shot. But it's too early to write him off in my opinion, plenty of guys take longer to adjust to the pro game.

Reactions: umbertovanek

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I've seen him play a fair amount. He hasn't looked great, tends to float around and disappear at times. But there are definitely flashes where you can see his high-level vision and playmaking ability, and he still has a good shot. But it's too early to write him off in my opinion, plenty of guys take longer to adjust to the pro game.
Getting Fox im return is not giving up, its smart asset management.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Sure if Fox signs here it is. If he leaves and all you get in return for Nylander is a 2nd round pick then not so much.
Nylander may never reach 50 games at NHL level the way hes trending in the AHL. 2nd rounder could turn out more valuable than having Nylander at some point. Also Im fairly certain we could sign Fox here. We could play him at RD allowing Dahlin to stay on the left since hes left hand shot. Or simply play him behind Risto and Dahlin WPG style. Im sure Botts can sell the team on him considering he has local ties in the area.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Nylander may never reach 50 games at NHL level the way hes trending in the AHL. 2nd rounder could turn out more valuable than having Nylander at some point. Also Im fairly certain we could sign Fox here. We could play him at RD allowing Dahlin to stay on the left since hes left hand shot. Or simply play him behind Risto and Dahlin WPG style. Im sure Botts can sell the team on him considering he has local ties in the area.
Tim Murray was confident he could sign Vesey here. You can't be "sure" of anything. We have no idea if Fox has any inclination of signing in Calgary or here or if he wants to hand pick his landing spot.
Your Nylander stance is strikingly similiar to your: Trade Reinhart while you can still get something for him" stance. It's premature. The kid is 20 years old. Let him develop. Giving up on young players and prospects is exactly what the worst team in the league shouldn't be doing.

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
It would worry me a bit that Fox goes to Harvaard. They tend to stick around for that extra year to finish up their degree more than kids from other schools.

Reactions: Karri Ramone

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
At this time, Flames are better off moving Stone than Andersson.
Ras is going to be a good top 4D for a long, long time. The new coach already singled him out as Calgary's PP2 Dman.

We'd ask for too much. Nylander at this time doesn't have the value we need. I'd be okay talking Fox with Buffalo but there'd have to be some sweeteners (the only thing Nylander has over Fox is draft pedigree, Fox has surpassed Nylander in development IMO). I don't hate taking a flyer on Nylander though; could be an good add.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
At this time, Flames are better off moving Stone than Andersson.
Ras is going to be a good top 4D for a long, long time. The new coach already singled him out as Calgary's PP2 Dman.

We'd ask for too much. Nylander at this time doesn't have the value we need. I'd be okay talking Fox with Buffalo but there'd have to be some sweeteners (the only thing Nylander has over Fox is draft pedigree, Fox has surpassed Nylander in development IMO). I don't hate taking a flyer on Nylander though; could be an good add.

Fox has the added risk of going ufa. Hurts his value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad