Value of: All your Rasmus are belong to us. CGY-BUF

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I love Andersson but has Nylander really fallen that far off projection? I really haven't been paying attention to him.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I want to say that the Sabres don’t need to be targeting a rookie LHD like Andersson and they should be targeting an experienced RHD but this thread was made as a joke so I won’t say that.

Reactions: CacOBG

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I love Andersson but has Nylander really fallen that far off projection? I really haven't been paying attention to him.
I value Andersson quite highly, so offering Nylander doesn't mean the latter is bad.
That being said, Nylander's development has been somewhat pedestrian. Elite tools, underwhelming to mediocre AHL play combined with good world juniors and promising cups of coffee in the NHL.
Guy is all of 20 years old, though.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I want to say that the Sabres don’t need to be targeting a rookie LHD like Andersson and they should be targeting an experienced RHD but this thread was made as a joke so I won’t say that.
Being a Buffalo fan I rarely get to leave the dungeon of agony, so yes, winning the lottery may have infused the creation of this thread with a dash of exuberance.
I do, however, think that Andersson could be indeed a good pick-up for the Sabres and that Nylander does make sense for the Flames (elite right shot FWD).

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Being a Buffalo fan I rarely get to leave the dungeon of agony, so yes, winning the lottery may have infused the creation of this thread with a dash of exuberance.
I do, however, think that Andersson could be indeed a good pick-up for the Sabres and that Nylander does make sense for the Flames (elite right shot FWD).

Andersson has nowhere to play though. I mean you have Scandella and Dahlin who are realistically, for better or worse, going to be your top two LD for next season. Andersson won’t supplant either of them. He could play third pairing but at that point a more pressing issue is a 2RD or more forward help. I mean, Eichel and O’Reilly can’t do everything. Even if Bennett steps up that’s where the offense stops. If Nylander isn’t working out, trade him, sure, but it’d be more useful to trade him in a package of some sort for a position of need.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Andersson has nowhere to play though. I mean you have Scandella and Dahlin who are realistically, for better or worse, going to be your top two LD for next season. Andersson won’t supplant either of them. He could play third pairing but at that point a more pressing issue is a 2RD or more forward help. I mean, Eichel and O’Reilly can’t do everything. Even if Bennett steps up that’s where the offense stops. If Nylander isn’t working out, trade him, sure, but it’d be more useful to trade him in a package of some sort for a position of need.

Andersson is a RD

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
I like the fit here. Andersson is stuck behind a logjam in Calgary, and they're in search of right shot wingers. Buffalo has a hole to fill on the right side, and I think Andersson is a stud and would make a great 2nd pairing guy behind Risto.

That being said, I'm a bit hesitant about giving up on such a highly touted prospect so quickly when Andersson's upside isn't nearly as high. And we need wingers just as much if not more than we need defensemen.

Which side should be adding to this and by how much?

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Andersson is a RHD, no? We don't have that many of those outside of Risto. And Reinhart (I assume that's who you mean with Bennett; Sam and all, I know ;) has been REALLY good for the latter half of last season. Like P/G good.
Add Mittelstadt, an emerging Rodrigues and one or the other wildcard (Olofsson, O'Regan, Smith,...) to the mix and BUF's top 6 looks quite presentable.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I’d be willing to add to Nylander. Rasmus would be the perfect pick up. Our RHD pipeline is really bad. Will Borgen and that’s it.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Andersson is a RD
Andersson is a RHD, no? We don't have that many of those outside of Risto. And Reinhart (I assume that's who you mean with Bennett; Sam and all, I know ;) has been REALLY good for the latter half of last season. Like P/G good.
Add Mittelstadt, an emerging Rodrigues and one or the other wildcard (Olofsson, O'Regan, Smith,...) to the mix and BUF's top 6 looks quite presentable.

As I stand corrected. I thought Andersson was the LD and Kylington was the RD. I'll show myself out.

Reactions: Skobel24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad