All time number 2 Duck

Ted Brautigan

Dec 16, 2011
Most of the people think that Selanne is the best in Ducks history, and no doubt about that. But who is second best Duck?
I think that Getzlaf will be , if he stays in Anaheim. But not yet. Jiggy was huge part of the team about ten years. And we shouldn't forget Kariya. Big part of Ducks history, no matter what the majority of the fans think.

My opinion is that Giguere is the second best Duck. Getzlaf is number three. Bubbling under, Kariya.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Jiggy almost won us a cup and then DID win us a cup, and he was instrumental in getting us to 3 western conference championships. Giguere without even a second thought.

Ducksgo*

So surprised no one has mentioned Sykora? Or Nieds an to the OP? Parros? Really

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So surprised no one has mentioned Sykora? Or Nieds an to the OP? Parros? Really

Sykora 3 years. Didn't even crack 200 points. Why should we mention Sykora?

Parros...come on. His best contribution was fighting. Sometimes he'd get benched for games where we needed extra SKILL. He had 28 points in 6 years of Ducks hockey. I can name 30 guys who did more for the Ducks than Parros did. Maybe 40.

Niedermayer top 5 for sure but when you get down to it, Scotty was with us for 4 1/2 seasons. He did a lot for us in that time. But not as much as Giggy.

buckridesagain*

My top 5 go like this.

1. Selanne
2. Kariya
3. Giguere
4. S. Niedermayer
5. Pronger

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I don't think Pronger has a shot at all. He was here two years less than Niedermayer, and did less in that time. Niedermayer might, might make it up there one day because of special circumstances. Captain. Cup. Conn Smythe. Even that is a reach.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Giguere or Kariya .. Why do I have to pick lol

Giguere for me. I get to look up at his picture and jersey on the rafters every night here too, so I'll give him the nod for his accomplishments.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't think Pronger has a shot at all. He was here two years less than Niedermayer, and did less in that time. Niedermayer might, might make it up there one day because of special circumstances. Captain. Cup. Conn Smythe. Even that is a reach.

Yeah...I can't really see it. So far removed from the retirement in New Jersey...they're obviously not gonna hang it up before Teemu's. And now he's a part of the coaching staff...I don't know, I just don't think it's gonna happen.

I think the only other guy would be Giguere, and I'm not even certain that they'd do it for him either.

EDIT: Assuming we are talking about retiring numbers cause that's what it sounds like.

Ted Brautigan

Dec 16, 2011
It will be huge mistake, if we retire Niedermayer or Pronger. Jiggy maybe, but those 2 guys were here so few years, that no need for hunging up. Selanne will be the one, and if someone plays better career than him, then up in the rafters. Teemu is first, and i don't understand why someone inferior should earn same honour.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad