Post-Game Talk: ALL TIED UP! Jets win 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I posted similar arguments on the run up to the playoffs. I looked at the cup winners over the last decade not counting the lockout season ant the average regular season point total was 103 points usually well off the President cup winner pace. What is important is dialling up your game when needed, staying healthy and good goaltending. Winning the regular season is virtually meaningless.

We’re ignorant barbarians when it comes to team success. This is actually the first time ever that we’ve finished in successive 2nd place finishes (Jets 1.0 and 2.0). We’re usually sweating just to make the playoffs.

Once a team has arrived and essentially guaranteed themselves a playoff spot, maybe this is what they’re supposed to do... coast once their positioning has been fairly established, and then get their game right when the playoffs are around the corner.

Some players will still fight a bit harder (to earn contracts and TOI) but entrenched players can probably relax and not go all out for the most part.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I'm pretty sure JetfaninFlorida's just jerking your chain a bit. The 15/16 Jets missed the playoffs. You're thinking of the 14/15 Jets. ;) I totally agree with your assessment of that Ducks series, though. We were gassed and beaten up from playing for our playoff lives for over a month.

Ah, yes. I always mess up the years for that series.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Did anyone notice Binnington grab the puck after the OT winner? I wonder why that is... seems like an odd thing for him to want to keep.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I almost missed this post until I saw it replied to by someone else. That would have been a real shame as this is maybe the best post this board has seen in a long time. Not only bang on, but pretty damn funny. Had to put you on follow Lackey to not risk missing a similar type lay of the land post in the future. :thumbu:

Ha ha...I seemed to have missed it to the first time round. It’s brilliant! A lot of great posts in this thread.

The revolt is real!

WsC4R.png

Reactions: KingBogo

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Just looking at the KC goal from last night.
Buff says to Schenn, "Gimme that puck kid, thanks." hahahahhahahhaha, what a play by Buff.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
If the jets do advance I think Dallas may pose a bigger threat than Nashville. They won all 4 games this season by 3 or more.
Seriously I don't see one team left in the playoffs that can beat the Jets if they bring their A game unless they get the refs and bounces go against them or injuries.
The first series is the toughest ... you run into a hot line or hot goalie there's nothing you can do about it. The Jets got matched up with the hottest team to start the playoffs and are doing okay.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
When I moved to the west coast this was the reason I could never follow the Canucks and hated them was because of the fans. They go on a winning streak they are planning a parade and when they hit a losing streak ... tear down the team. I told them Jets fans are not that dumb ... was I wrong?
For me it is a matter of perspective. Last season we got down to the final 4 teams. This season We have found our way to the final 14 and are still breathing. We have the talent to win it all and the last 2 games have been very promising. It is never going to be perfect but that is sports. We are in good position and get to watch very entertaining hockey every 2nd night. Not sure why we should be upset by every imperfection along the way because I certainly don't see any perfect teams between us and the cup.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
For me it is a matter of perspective. Last season we got down to the final 4 teams. This season We have found our way to the final 14 and are still breathing. We have the talent to win it all and the last 2 games have been very promising. It is never going to be perfect but that is sports. We are in good position and get to watch very entertaining hockey every 2nd night. Not sure why we should be upset by every imperfection along the way because I certainly don't see any perfect teams between us and the cup.
I love getting to watch the jets playoff hockey every second night!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So Tampa's excuse for losing 4 straight was they didn't play enough meaningful games down the stretch of the regular season . That may be good for 2 games of the series but not 4 straight , it's unbelievable that team couldn't even win a single game .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad