Tribute All things Seattle Kraken and 1st Playoffs

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Games that matter in the Western Conference Playoff Race

Tuesday April 11th
Kraken @ Golden Knights - Vegas playing for the division/conference title. Seattle can move up to 3rd and possibly play Vegas with wins.
Jets @ Wild - Jets need a point to clinch a playoff spot and the WC2 spot. Wild fighting for central title.
Oilers @ Avalanche - both teams fighting for their own division titles as well as top spot in conference. I'd think Kraken fans want Oilers to win to A> leap over Vegas and B> drop Colorado from Central title.

Wednesday April 12th
Stars @ Blues - Stars playing for division/conference title

Thursday April 13th
Golden Knights @ Kraken - see Tuesday game.
Jets @ Avalanche - Jets still may need a point to clinch playoff spot. Avs still going for division/conference title
Blues @ Stars - see Wed game
Wild @ Predators - Predators may still be alive and need a win. Wild still going for division/conference title
Sharks @ Oilers - Oilers still going for division/conference title
Kings @ Ducks - Kings' playoff positioning

Friday April 13th
Avs @ Predators - Predators may still be alive and need a win. Avs may still be going for division/conference title

Reactions: Kat Predator

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
I personally don't want us playing Vegas or Oilers (Kings I wouldn't mind) until the conference finals, should the NHL gods shine upon us. As it stands, we'd play the Avs and remain in that bracket for round two, facing either Dallas or Minn. I doubt the gods will shine upon us like they did on the Vegas run to the cup. Refs let Vegas get away with all sorts of nasty rough stuff and penalties not called. Kind of like when the Ducks won the cup.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Looks like we'll face Colorado or Dallas. Although there is also the scenario we knock LA out of 3rd place and play either Vegas or Edmonton.

Winnipeg will draw either Vegas or Edmonton. (Edmonton is peaking right now.)

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Kraken W + Kings L + Oilers W = Kraken vs Vegas
Kraken W + Kings L + Oilers L/OTL = Kraken vs Oilers
Kings W/OTL or Kraken L/OTL = Kraken vs Central #1 (Avs or Stars)
*Kraken, Kings & Oilers games are all tomorrow/Thursday

Avs @ 105pts, v Jets tomorrow, @ Nsh Friday
Stars @ 104prs, @ StL tonight, v StL tomorrow

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Kraken vs. Knights
Oilers vs. Sharks
Kings vs. Ducks
Stars vs. Blues

Colorado has 2 games; vs. Winnipeg and Nashville.

Last edited:

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
Oilers fan here congratulating you on an excellent sophomore season and your first ever playoff berth.

Still have mad love for Eberle and Larsson.

There's nothing more electric than the NHL playoffs. You guys are gonna have an absolute blast.
IMHO they are the heart and soul of the Kraken.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Somehow it seems kind of fitting that we will go all the way down to the last regularly scheduled season game for the entire leag;ue before we will find out whether we are playing Dallas or Colorado in the first round. Then again LA could upset that apple cart, as well.

Last edited:

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
Somehow it seems kind of fitting that we will go all the way down to the last regularly scheduled season game for the entire leag;ue before we will find out whether we are playing Dallas or Colorado in the first round. Then again LA could upset that apple cart, as well.
Well, just a few minutes left in Kings game, but we also could have played Vegas or OIlers if Kings had lost and Kraken win tonight. But it looks like the Kings will win, so, we get Dallas or Avs.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
After the home and home against Vegas, I'm glad we don't have to play our first series against them.

On the other hand, whoever we do play will be very good—a no-brainer as it is the playoffs, I know.

We have to snap out of this funk of losing every game to playoff teams or we're going to be swept.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Colorado must win in regulation to leapfrog Dallas. All other results and Dallas wins the division.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
An OT or SO win will also do it for Colorado.
I stand corrected. I based my comments on a current ESPN article and clearly it was wrong as Dallas is only a point ahead of the Avalanche going into tonight's final game.

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
I think I'd almost prefer Dallas. Not sure how the Colorado elevation affects hockey players. It destroys non-Denver NBA players. I think the elevation in Dallas is much more doable.

Plus, being from Houston, I absolutely abhor Dallas...or South Oklahoma as it is properly referred to as. Beating Dallas would be sweet.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I think I'd almost prefer Dallas. Not sure how the Colorado elevation affects hockey players. It destroys non-Denver NBA players. I think the elevation in Dallas is much more doable.

Plus, being from Houston, I absolutely abhor Dallas...or South Oklahoma as it is properly referred to as. Beating Dallas would be sweet.

This is a valid point regarding elevation.

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
After the home and home against Vegas, I'm glad we don't have to play our first series against them.

On the other hand, whoever we do play will be very good—a no-brainer as it is the playoffs, I know.

We have to snap out of this funk of losing every game to playoff teams or we're going to be swept.
I wouldn't say funk. We worked hard and easily out-chanced Vegas and just couldn't net a few. Vegas has a real good defense. I'm rooting now for the Avs, as we have played them well and they still have injuries. Dallas is red hot. If it is the Stars, we play Monday. Avs, we play Tuesday. Both on the road, which I like, since we try to steal one. Opening home games put too much pressure on the home team and this is first Kraken playoff.

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
I wouldn't say funk. We worked hard and easily out-chanced Vegas and just couldn't net a few. Vegas has a real good defense. I'm rooting now for the Avs, as we have played them well and they still have injuries. Dallas is red hot. If it is the Stars, we play Monday. Avs, we play Tuesday. Both on the road, which I like, since we try to steal one. Opening home games put too much pressure on the home team and this is first Kraken playoff.
Avs and stars both sweep.

Is this team mentally weak or something? People talking about pressure on them all the time.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
If we do end up playing the Avs we'd get them without their captain.

So it would be only Mackinnon, Makar, Rantanan, Nichushkin etc. we'd have to take care of...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad