OT: All things related to cooking

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm doing oven baked chicken wings for dinner tonight and found this recipe:

It calls for the wings to be tossed in baking powder and salt rather than flour like most recipes. Thoughts? Have any of you try using baking powder to coat chicken wings? Would they be as great as the recipe author suggests?

m.
I've done this but with the following recipe. The drying period is very important. They're VERY good.

Reactions: Channelcat

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Homemade pizza I made a week ago

Attachments

• 20240316_181657.jpg
    20240316_181657.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 5

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
The wife is of German heritage, so she's getting sauerbraten mit Ingwerkeks Bratensoße, bratkartoffeln und sauerkraut. Schmeckt! :nod:
So a quick Google translate gives me:

"sauerbraten with ginger biscuits gravy, fried potatoes and sauerkraut" - with 'sauerbraten' being German for sour roast.

That's a lot of sour for a German people known for their joviality!

m.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I've never tried it and I'm a terrible cook and the last person you should take advice from, but....

My older sister married a guy who cooks and he uses baking powder when he does his chicken. Really good chicken, too, like out of a deep fryer. The one big caution is to make sure your powder does NOT contain aluminum. They always used Rumford Baking Powder because apparently other powder brands leave you with a bitter tasting chicken.

I forgot to take pics but the wings were absolutely devoured! I did four pounds of wings and we have exactly one left.

I used Magic baking powder - couldn't find Rumford - and there was no bitterness at all. And no aluminum on the ingredient list. I've already had requests from the kids to do it again. And soon.

m.

Reactions: imec and Inanna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad