All Things Pegula 2

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don’t care that Pegula gives season ticket holders puzzles the store doesn’t sell or 40 second video thank yous. I care that he doesn’t give them a fighting chance at a good hockey team by hiring a yes man and spending at the bottom of the league for three straight years with obvious needs on the roster and the assets and money to fill them.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Also, why have such a big box with such little stuff in it lol
It’s to truly represent what this season has been. On the outside, before we got into it, it seemed promising. Such a large box, surely there’s something of value to it. Get into it, and reality sets in and you’re left with trinkets that barely are worth $10.

I appreciate the work they put into it. It perfectly encapsulates everything the organization has become. We should be so lucky that an organization is so clear of how they see themselves.

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
LOL wow...

My ticket rep called me at the beginning of the season and capped the call asking who my favorite player was. I said Dylan Cozens because he scores, hits, fights, gets his nose dirty, prototypical Canadian player.

This box came in, had some weight to it, I was convinced it was a Cozens signed jersey. Opened it and felt like I got hit with a pie in the face.

The Sabres have gone through the motions on most fan initiatives since the moment Pegula chose that snake Russ Brandon over Ted Black.

They have stopped trying in many aspects. Sabres hall of fame has been completely ignored for a decade-plus other than the laughable action of retiring Ryan Miller's number.

Dulind

A unique encounter, with an emphasis on safety
Aug 12, 2021
GB
Zero interest in this franchise until Terry sells it and even then, if some buyer packs and moves, my feelings for this team won't be anymore different than today.

"Eff" this owner and the whole management group.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I don't understand why a significant portion of the fan base still believes Pegula is using all the financial resources available under the cap to better this team. It's like they were brainwashed. We are saving it for this or that. Just hate these hogwash arguments. You don't have to blame Pegula, and who knows, maybe in some bizarre world, Kevyn Adams just refused to trade cap space for picks or sign an extra player, but the Sabres are under the cap by a decent margin. Last year, if was huge. One thing I will watch for closely is how much they are under the cap in 2024-25. I get saving money for rookie bonuses or even a little extra for a deadline, but this team doesn't look ready to max its resources. And that's without even getting into what is spent on the team away from the cap on coaching, scouting, management and operations. You don't have to have a visceral hatred of Pegula to see some spending limitations being imposed.

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Everything Pegs, everything Pegs, I don’t think so!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad