All Things Pegula 2

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Of course you aren’t bound by legal burdens of proof. But what you’re suggesting is accepting an allegation as true without waiting for any facts or evidence to come out, right? Which, why? I don’t get why people do that. That type of thinking will fail you quite a bit.

I may have totally misunderstood, but that’s the vibe I got from your posts. My point is none of us have any idea of what happened, and no facts or evidence has come out yet (if ever)
At the time, I was commenting on the relative meaninglessness of having anonymous sources, so the plausibility of the accusation/defense are really all we’ll ever have to reach a conclusion from. I’ll never say “he did it” or “he didn’t do it” unless the accuser recants or he admits, but “he probably did it” or “he probably didn’t” could both be reasonable conclusions given things one might know about the circumstances

We also don’t really have any stakes for reaching these conclusions whereas any fact finder on the case must be *very* sure they’ve done so for the best reasons

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
It seems a few things are at issue and could reasonable be verified or disproven:

1. Did the anonymous NFL Media Reporter tell Trotter and approximately 40 colleges on a zoom call that Pegula made that comment?
2. Did the NFL investigate the incident

There should be ample reporters to collaborate or dispute #1
There should be records related to #2

Reactions: Irie

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I've held jobs for over 40 years and over 30 years with my long-term employer. I would never bring an allegation against anyone, colleague, rival, or foe, which I didn't personally hear, witness, or be asked to participate in. And I wouldn't bring any second-hand situations either, and would counsel anyone who came to me with such stories or allegations of wrongdoing to be very clear of what is first-hand and second-hand knowledge / participation vs. hearsay. My employer's anonymous hotlines and direct reporting channels have similar guidelines.

But anyone can be sleazy not sleezy. (I'm being sarcastic about the spelling, not about the personal character of you / your colleagues.

FYI - can't remember if I ever PM'ed you, but my niece (from Oklahoma) graduated Vanderbilt law in May'23, interned with the Bronx PubDef office in 2022 summer, took the NYS bar in Buffalo end of July), and has a job with the Brooklyn PubDef office.

===============
To the board (Husko knows the following):
Remember, in the United States, the legal system is designed and hopefully administered so that guilty or not-fully-innocent people knowingly either go free, unpunished, or less severely punished to avoid the "worse sin" of convicting / punishing innocent people.

In quality control lingo, that's the difference between a Type 1 error / alpha risk vs. a type 2 error / beta risk. And the application of that in law is in some ways the opposite of what is done in manufacturing, medical field, etc. In manufacturing and medical field the approach is to knowingly throw away good product to avoid passing a defective or non-compliant product to the customer.

The American justice system (should by design) be willing to risk letting guilty people "go free" in order to avoid the worse error of convicting & punishing the innocent or less than fully guilty.
There's two public defenders in Brooklyn, and I work for one of them... :boredom:

Reactions: Dirty Dog

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I think the story is bullshit. The quote seems made up and goes against Pegula's character.

On top of the asians have to deal with an insane amount of shit in western society, I'm sure Terry is aware of how hurtful some words can be and that he wouldn't mirror that hurtful behaviour himself targeting a large part of a community he cares for deeply.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
With the caveat of course that no one is obligated to apply the heightened legal protections for criminal defendants at risk of losing their liberty to folks being accused in the court of public opinion.

That said, we have no way of knowing the truth here, at least not now. Not giving this much thought now, because what's there even to do other than wildly speculate?

When people that were at the dinner have been interviewed and none of them claimed to heave heard Pegula say it, and Pegula himself said he didn’t say it, yes we have a way of knowing the truth.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Doesnt matter if you’re great at your job. Doesn’t matter if you’re his childhood hero. If a dollar can be saved…you gone.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Things can get real steamy when dealing with numbers...lol these beauties..

Screenshot_20231011_181014_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20231011_180514_Chrome.jpg

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Jesus christ. F***ing keep it in your pants. I get that it's consensual and that.......but they HAD to know that boinking each other would get them fired.
especially with a leader screwing one of their team. what a bunch of assholes.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Isn't this what happened to Russ Brandon?

Three sources with direct knowledge of the decision tell The Athletic that Roth and D’Angelo were in a romantic relationship, and the situation came to a head in London, where the Bills played the Jacksonville Jaguars in Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Oct. 8.

The Bills’ front office structure was such that D’Angelo reported to owner Terry Pegula. However, Roth possessed superior titles. Roth recommended her promotion, two of the sources said. D’Angelo also was in charge of human resources. As such, the relationship was considered professionally unethical.

Josh Dziurlikowski, previously senior vice president of finance and business administration, will be interim COO, and longtime football operations adviser Jim Overdorf will be acting general counsel during the external search for replacements.

Wednesday’s development was reminiscent of the May 2018 departure of Bills/Sabres president and managing partner Russ Brandon, who resigned after an internal investigation confirmed inappropriate workplace relationships and other on-the-job issues.

And what happened with Brandon likely made the Pegulas even more sensitive to this sort of thing.

:oops:

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Does anyone have any idea how many Sabres games Pegulas has attended this year? Usually you see a shot of owner or GM in box on TV. I've rarely seen that. Does he ever attend games?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Also, why have such a big box with such little stuff in it lol

Perhaps they drop shipped through Amazon?

It actually looks like the box would be big enough for a hoodie or some sort of adult-sized top (maybe even two). But instead, it's filled with a confirmation gift bag worth of stuff.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Perhaps they drop shipped through Amazon?

It actually looks like the box would be big enough for a hoodie or some sort of adult-sized top (maybe even two). But instead, it's filled with a confirmation gift bag worth of stuff.
First thing that came to mind when I saw that was "Why not just put it in a bag?" But to your point, I am sure they've used those boxes before and filled them with hoodies and such but that picture is a rough look

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad