OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part VII - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Basically if you're going to get sick, do it either really early (before the demand for ventilators is high) or really late, after the need has passed. You get sick at the peak, they're going to be looking for reasons to shoot people down. Asthma? You're f***ed. Overweight? Sorry, all set. Cancer survivors? Yeah, no. Prior heart attack? Sorry, no help for you. People who have normal run of the mill healh issues who would be fine otherwise are going to pay the price for getting sick at the wrong time and they will ultimately pay with their lives. It sucks.

Agreed and the a holes that dont take hunkering down seriously are essentially a walking dirty bomb to somebody elderly or with a pre existing condition.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I can imagine some parents (especially single ones) are stuck in a no-win situations. Bring your kids to the store and you're treated like a lunatic exposing them to everything. Leave them in the car or at home, and you're a negligent murderer.

Completely understand a situation like that, and my heart breaks for someone that has to make that choice. This was not that though. I'm talking entire families with a range of kids from young up to teen aged. All going in and out together. No mask. No gloves. No protective gear. Tee shirts and shorts, business as usual.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Reactions: Oates2Neely

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-4-7_18-12-35.png

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

That's the one thing I can take away from this entire pandemic and be proud of. So many people trying and succeeding in helping make some folks lives easier. The sense of community here in my town has been so incredible. My wife asked if anyone knew where we could get some flour, and in less than 30 minutes, a neighbor dropped off a bag. We weren't asking for someone to run out for us, just what stores possibly had some so I could go and get it, but eliminate any unneeded stops searching for it. And then 2 more people came by with flour as well. No knock on the door, no conversation, just a random bag of flour. And we've paid it forward several times as well doing similar things for neighbors and friends who needed something that we had an excess of. Made my day and restored my faith in humanity.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You HAVE to be kidding me

Tori Spelling charging $95 for virtual meet-and-greet during coronavirus pandemic

“Beverly Hills 90210” star Tori Spelling has been keeping active on social media during the coronavirus pandemic and has seemingly recovered, and secured more toilet paper, since coming down with an illness in March.

However, Spelling, 46, has angered many on social media after promoting a virtual meet-and-greet, which includes one-on-one video chats, that will cost her fans $95.

I know she’s had financial issues in the past so imo if she can get people to pay it more power to her

I just don’t know who will pay almost $100 to talk to tori spelling in 2020. If she lets me ask all the questions I want about scary movie 2 I may have to spend my stimulus check on it (psych I’m giving it to my parents who will both soon be out of work)

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You HAVE to be kidding me

Tori Spelling charging $95 for virtual meet-and-greet during coronavirus pandemic

“Beverly Hills 90210” star Tori Spelling has been keeping active on social media during the coronavirus pandemic and has seemingly recovered, and secured more toilet paper, since coming down with an illness in March.

However, Spelling, 46, has angered many on social media after promoting a virtual meet-and-greet, which includes one-on-one video chats, that will cost her fans $95.

I don't see a problem with this. If someone wants to pay money to interact with a celebrity, who cares?

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Stop & Shop and Uber offer half-price rides to shoppers 60 and over | Boston.com

On March 19, Stop & Shop began offering customers particularly susceptible to COVID-19 their own shopping hours, reserving the 6 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. timeframe for shoppers who are 60 and older. Now, the local grocery chain has made it even easier for vulnerable customers to stock up.

Stop & Shop has partnered with Uber to provide half-priced rides to and from all Stop & Shop stores for eligible customers who want to shop during these hours. The offer begins on Wednesday, April 8, and will be available at Stop & Shop’s 400-plus stores across Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, and Rhode Island.

To take advantage of these discounted rides, eligible customers — and friends, family, and neighbors of those who are 60 and older and want to order a ride on their behalf — should tap “wallet” in the Uber app’s menu, scroll down to “promotions,” then tap “add promo code.” Enter the code STOPSHOPUBER, tap “add,” then type in “Stop & Shop” to select the nearest Stop & Shop store.

Half-priced rides can be requested up to twice per week from April 8 until April 29, with up to $20 discounted from each ride.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
So he is saying that the husband of the Rep in Michigan just walked into the pharmacy and got the drugs after she asked him to go get them and she took them and woke up and felt so much better.

He just said you won’t die if you take the medicine.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I went out last week came back shaking after I got back in. So many people acting so stupid had me petrified. I had to literally ask people to get away from me because they were pushing right up on top of me to get shit off a shelf. I mean shit, how hard is it to wait 10 seconds?
I’ve had the joy of working the entrance at work a few times now, letting in several people at a time in to the building.

I’ve noticed a trend in people, if they see someone standing around (me) their need to stop and chat rises. Human instinct maybe? I dunno. Had to politely send a few of them packing though. Some less politely which I’m sure they’ll hang on to, like I affronted their character by being concerned they could collapse sometime in the near future.

Sometimes I wonder if a persons need to seem polite overrides their survival instinct. Maybe it’s a Canadian thing, I dunno.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I went out last week came back shaking after I got back in. So many people acting so stupid had me petrified. I had to literally ask people to get away from me because they were pushing right up on top of me to get shit off a shelf. I mean shit, how hard is it to wait 10 seconds?
I’ve had the joy of working the entrance at work a few times now, letting in several people at a time in to the building.

I’ve noticed a trend in people, if they see someone standing around (me) their need to stop and chat rises. Human instinct maybe? I dunno. Had to politely send a few of them packing though. Some less politely which I’m sure they’ll hang on to, like I affronted their character by being concerned they could collapse sometime in the near future.

Sometimes I wonder if a persons need to seem polite overrides their survival instinct. Maybe it’s a Canadian thing, I dunno.

Reactions: LSCII

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
So he is saying that the husband of the Rep in Michigan just walked into the pharmacy and got the drugs after she asked him to go get them and she took them and woke up and felt so much better.

He just said you won’t die if you take the medicine.

Im not even going to listen. If I feel the need to be lied to I’ll get a hooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad