All Things Auston Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Well, better off with the Habs than the Oilers. The Oilers are simply terrible. It is only a matter of time before McDavid has enough and asks to be traded. Kinda feel bad for the kid, playing there. That has to suck.
Yeah I feel bad for him too. I feel bad as a fan of hockey in Edmonton. All I want is for my kid to grow up being an Oiler fan (I find its easier to relate to edmonton hockey fans than Habs fans, no offense intended) but its impossible. Maybe we'll be Oil Kings fans instead.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
sadly this will be the greatest stretch of Matthews career, a 7 game 10 goal , 16 point run. It wont get better then this Leafs fans ....Matthews might hit 100 once or twice, he might win a cup... but this is it. You guys get a glimpse of McDavid does on the regular. Check out the last 30 games of last season, or the year before. Or by the end of this year

I like your fire kid.

But Edmonton has 5 goals in 3 games & McDavid has 5 points.

Edmonton hasn't scored 1 goal without McDavid's help this year.

That's a problem.

Mar 26, 2010
Yeah I feel bad for him too. I feel bad as a fan of hockey in Edmonton. All I want is for my kid to grow up being an Oiler fan (I find its easier to relate to edmonton hockey fans than Habs fans, no offense intended) but its impossible. Maybe we'll be Oil Kings fans instead.
If the losing culture continues in Edmonton, McDavid will get fed up and ask for a trade. If Gretzky can get traded, anyone can!

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
I like your fire kid.

But Edmonton has 5 goals in 3 games & McDavid has 5 points.

Edmonton hasn't scored 1 goal without McDavid's help this year.

That's a problem.
I was saying the same thing. What's the over under on when Edmonton scores a goal without an assist from McDavid.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
What's the point of this thread? Every other thread already talks about Matthews.

Mar 26, 2010
Different era and McDavid isn't going to get traded so they can grow the game in the USA. McDavid IS NOT getting traded.
You do not know that. If that dumpster fire continues in Edmonton, don’t be surprised.

There is nothing more McDavid wanted than to play at home for The Leafs. The kid loves his city. No I am not implying he will be traded to Toronto either.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
We've hit the point where Habs fans probably like Matthews more than the rest of the league

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I was saying the same thing. What's the over under on when Edmonton scores a goal without an assist from McDavid.

I would assume it would happen tonight.

The Oilers will have a heck of a documentary done on them soon. From the 2006 cup finals run, to the Pronger trade, to the run of 1st overall picks and the formation of the next super team, to that failing, to getting McDavid and hope being restored, to the Taylor Hall trade, and then the failure to succed even with McDavid. Ideally it would end with McDavid lifting a cup over his head, and not being traded or leaving at the end of his contract due to the lack of success.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Age 20-21

McDavid: ES 3.15p/60, 2.43p1/60 --- PP 5.72p/60, 3.23p1/60
Matthews: ES 3.34p/60, 2.89p1/60 -- PP 7.25p/60, 5.24p1/60

This Year plus Last Year

McDavid (22): ES 3.30p/60, 2.38p1/60 --- PP 5.29p/60, 3.37p1/60
Matthews (21): ES 3.34p/60, 2.89p1/60 -- PP 7.25p/60, 5.24p1/60

Reactions: IPS

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Not So Hot Take

Matthews is better than McDavid
Not yet, but Matthews is playing phenomenal and can surpass him with a 50 goal campaign and a good art ross run, anything is possible.

Matthews will probably replace OV soon for top scorer, his shot is unreal.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Not yet, but Matthews is playing phenomenal and can surpass him with a 50 goal campaign and a good art ross run, anything is possible.

Matthews will probably replace OV soon for top scorer, his shot is unreal.
His all around play is unreal aswell. The guy is dominating against guys like Toews and Kopitar. His speed is on a completely different level this year, and his defensive play is a lot better than the analytics show them to be so far this season.

I do agree though, I think the two of them will be neck and neck for the next 10 years

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
His all around play is unreal aswell. The guy is dominating against guys like Toews and Kopitar. His speed is on a completely different level this year, and his defensive play is a lot better than the analytics show them to be so far this season.

I do agree though, I think the two of them will be neck and neck for the next 10 years
doubt it. it's not a knock on Matthews as I think he'll be 2nd best, but McDavid is so good it's hard to see Matthews catching him.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
doubt it. it's not a knock on Matthews as I think he'll be 2nd best, but McDavid is so good it's hard to see Matthews catching him.
And there would be nothing wrong with being 2nd to McDavid. I just see Matthews style of game being more valuable as he continues to evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad