All Things AHL Part IV

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The Wolves just keep on killin it. I dont closely follow the Wolves as I use to but it seems Blais is doing much better then we expected

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Ohh how things can change, goals from Megan and Agozzino and this one is tied 2-2. Both Blais and Malone looking great as well. Dunn still looking a tad off.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Can you elaborate on Dunn's play?

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Can you elaborate on Dunn's play?

Trying too much with the puck. Directly related to two goals for Manitoba. Wolves pulled it out, 5-4 final. Pretty slow third period. Kyle Conor looked great for the Moose. For the Wolves it was the normal suspects standing out, Ago, Megan, and Blais. Agozzino had himself a two goal game.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Can anyone who watches the Wolves regularly say where Tage Thompson is likely to slot into the lineup? Is there more need on RW or C? Who would his likely linemates be?

It looks to me like they could use a forward badly. Looking at their gamesheet from the last game against Manitoba, they suited up 7 D and 11 forwards. Rattie was not one of the forwards. so they picked a 7th D over him?!?!?! I have no clue what went on there. But I think they'd much rather suit up Tage than 7 D.

Stlblues98

Aug 14, 2015
Can anyone who watches the Wolves regularly say where Tage Thompson is likely to slot into the lineup? Is there more need on RW or C? Who would his likely linemates be?

It looks to me like they could use a forward badly. Looking at their gamesheet from the last game against Manitoba, they suited up 7 D and 11 forwards. Rattie was not one of the forwards. so they picked a 7th D over him?!?!?! I have no clue what went on there. But I think they'd much rather suit up Tage than 7 D.

Scooter Vaughn is listed as a defenseman but I'm pretty sure he has been playing winger for most of the season. So if that's the case they have only been dressing 6 D

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis

Offensively they've been fine. Blais, Agostino, Agozzino and Megan are so fun to watch at this level. Sunday's game was a tad sluggish at times but nothing really to worry about. Rattie was sat, he hasn't done a whole lot since returning. Thompson can play both center and wing but if I had to guess I imagine Berube starts him out on the wing.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Good stuff from Thompson re: reporting to the Wolves:

"I'm extremely excited to come into a team that's doing really well and has got a good chance going into the playoffs," Thompson said. "I'm really excited to be a part of that. Hopefully I can help them win the Calder Cup here. I'm really, really excited and I can't explain it enough. That's also one of the reasons why I wanted to finish out the year in Chicago to get that experience and that playing time, that pro experience under my belt.

"Obviously I want to go in and make an impact, but my goal is to play in the NHL as long as possible and for that, you need to develop. I think for me the best development path is going to be going to Chicago, playing and helping them win. In doing that, it's going to help me showcase what I can do and ultimately hopefully get me to the NHL."

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
Scooter Vaughn is listed as a defenseman but I'm pretty sure he has been playing winger for most of the season. So if that's the case they have only been dressing 6 D

You are correct sir. From the Wolves website

10: Scooter Vaughan is a bit of a homebody this season, collecting all 10 of his points at Allstate Arena. Vaughan netted two of his six goals in the Wolves’ last two games — March 4 and 5 — to help propel the team to victory and push their current home win streak to eight games. The now full-fledged forward has carved out his niche on the Chicago Wolves’ fourth line primarily skating with on a wing opposite Bryce Gervais or Mackenzie MacEachern and Alex Friesen at center. In his fourth season, Vaughan is boasting a career-best +6 plus/minus rating and just 25 penalty minutes through 47 games.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I really hope the Blues keep Agostino. Kid can play and I really think he will work to become an NHL'er.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
4-0 final. Thompson played just fine. Dunn with a two point night as did Agostino. Binnington had a 21 save shutout. Rattie had his best game back with the Wolves imo. They're now off til Wednesday against the Texas Stars

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad