Prospect Info: "All Things AHL" Part III...

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
How has Lindbohm played, regressed even more compare to last time? Looks like we're forced to call him up, pointing injuries.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
frTAYaM.jpg

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Lundstrom is backing up Copley right now.

Wolves up 2-0 against Wild

Both goals were excellent shots over the left shoulder of Jeremy Smith.

Wolves 3-0

Veilleux with nice pass to the front for Hayes who, roofed it over left shoulder.

That Nedomiel guy is playing. Big boy.

Wolves win 3-0

I was able to watch only the 3rd period.

Game Summary

Last edited:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Lundstrom is backing up Copley right now.

Wolves up 2-0 against Wild

Both goals were excellent shots over the left shoulder of Jeremy Smith.

Wolves 3-0

Veilleux with nice pass to the front for Hayes who, roofed it over left shoulder.

That Nedomiel guy is playing.
That was fast......

Good to here wolves popped a few in. Been keeping track via the app

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
That was fast......

Good to here wolves popped a few in. Been keeping track via the app

Yeah, it's nice to see a win. Wolves are having a rough season, but appeared energized tonight. Then again, the Iowa Wild kinda suck this season. And their goalie, Jeremy Smith, gave up three goals over his left shoulder.

If Allen is out for any length of time, then we should see Lundstrom play for the Wolves.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I didn't renew my HS. How did Copley look? I saw him a few times...looked good when I saw him

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Copley had a great game tonight. He was instrumental in keeping Iowa off the board until the Wolves could generate some offense in the third.

In particular, he had several great saves and one highlight reel save to help kill off a 5 minute powerplay in the first.

Hope he can keep up the play.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Yeah, it's nice to see a win. Wolves are having a rough season, but appeared energized tonight. Then again, the Iowa Wild kinda suck this season. And their goalie, Jeremy Smith, gave up three goals over his left shoulder.

If Allen is out for any length of time, then we should see Lundstrom play for the Wolves.

Smith was playing well until the 3rd when Cannone beat him over the shoulder with a good shot. Shortly after Benoit blasted one over his shoulder again from the point and the Wild fell apart leading to #3.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Smith was playing well until the 3rd when Cannone beat him over the shoulder with a good shot. Shortly after Benoit blasted one over his shoulder again from the point and the Wild fell apart leading to #3.

I like Pat Cannone. He is what he is; a very solid AHL forward. That shot was perfectly placed. Jeremy Smith has had some success in the AHL (I've watched him mostly with the Admirals), but is getting zero support this season from the Wild.

Yeah, once Benoit blasted the 2nd goal, it was feast time for the Wolves.

Copley is very athletic.

As an aside, I get to go to any Admirals home games for free and plan to head up their to take in a couple here very soon. Hopefully, I can get up there when the Wolves play them. It's only a 1.5 hour Amtrak ride and is only a few blocks from the Intermodal Station in downtown Milwaukee.

Last edited:

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Looks like Abeltshauser was a scratch last night. Was that a motivator for bringing in Nedomlel, perhaps? Is Konrad injured? Or is he just not playing well and we're giving someone else a shot?

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Looks liked we are terminating his contract, makes the Nedomlel move make a lot more sense

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Wow, I'm very suprised by that. Alphabet hasn't had a very good season, but I'm suprised we'd go through the trouble of waiving him, honestly. Let's hope Nedomlel will fare better

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Wow, I'm very suprised by that. Alphabet hasn't had a very good season, but I'm suprised we'd go through the trouble of waiving him, honestly. Let's hope Nedomlel will fare better

Maybe he asked to be released. He may want to head back to Europe.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Looks liked we are terminating his contract, makes the Nedomlel move make a lot more sense
Sorry to read this. When Abeltshauser was signed, I had hopes he'd become a regular 3rd pairing defenceman in The NHL, and while with The Blues, at LEAST pass Chris Butler as The #8 and first call-up D-man.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Sorry to read this. When Abeltshauser was signed, I had hopes he'd become a regular 3rd pairing defenceman in The NHL, and while with The Blues, at LEAST pass Chris Butler as The #8 and first call-up D-man.

Unfortunately, his skating and mobility is not even close to being good enough. He was getting repeatedly burned.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Abeltshauser got sent down to the ECHL by the Sharks last year. The chances of him doing anything were slim because he's not very good. If he was going to be our #8, then we'd be in trouble.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Abeltshauser got sent down to the ECHL by the Sharks last year. The chances of him doing anything were slim because he's not very good. If he was going to be our #8, then we'd be in trouble.

So, then he was signed just to fill out The wolves' roster? Then why did The Blues even bother to sign him? Why didn't they just let The Wolves sign another D-man to an AHL contract (an AHL veteran player who is better than Abeltshauser)?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So, then he was signed just to fill out The wolves' roster? Then why did The Blues even bother to sign him? Why didn't they just let The Wolves sign another D-man to an AHL contract (an AHL veteran player who is better than Abeltshauser)?
How would I know? Why did they just acquire that guy from the Wings?

Just because they acquired him doesn't mean they projected him to be the 8th defenseman, I really don't understand your point. Teams make a lot of minor moves that seem pointless to the general public.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

Just because they acquired him doesn't mean they projected him to be the 8th defenseman, I really don't understand your point. Teams make a lot of minor moves that seem pointless to the general public.

It would be better for The Blues to not have a contract counted towards their limit of 50, and to let The Wolves sign that 4th or 5th Wolves' defenceman. The fact that The Blues had to replace Abeltshauser when he needed to be dropped, upon being found inadequate, shows that The Wolves seem to have a limited budget for signing their own players, and want their NHL affiliate to provide a certain number of players to their roster.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

Several close San Jose observers felt he was a borderline NHL player and were baffled at the ECHL assignment. It's not a trivial development that he is being released, and I don't think it's odd to be a bit surprised. There were indications that he was just in need of a fresh start...but the Blues are a defensive prospect group that is pretty tough to break into.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad