Prospect Info: "All Things AHL" Part III...

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
There's a reason Caron could never stick in the NHL, he's not very good. He wasn't noticeable at all last night.

I didn't think he was kept in the AHL so he could just be a nice Christmas surprise. But I'm wondering why he gets the call-up over other players.

He did score a goal in the Wolves last three games before his call-up.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Brought him up for the 2 game trip because Brodziak wasn't going and needed somebody who could fill in on the 4th line and not look totally out of place. Welsh was bad last time and not really anybody else to fill that role.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
He was supposed to be an important piece to keeping the Boston train rolling, but couldn't ever stick. They put a lot of stock in him working out, IIRC. He's just not that good of a skater. I think he also suffers from Paajarvi syndrome where he was asked to do too much too early, and so he never got to work on the things that would have really made him a good NHL player. Good to see he had a good game last night, he might be a cheap 3rd/4th liner for us sometime in the future. Wouldn't count on it, but he might be.

Thanks for the information, Morty.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I wish the Blues did something like that.

You know, Patrik Berglund would be a great choice to be the interviewer. That guy is hilarious.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Something about Jay Bouwmeesters eyes creep me out. Maybe they're too far apart? He looks almost insect-like.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I wish the Blues did something like that.

You know, Patrik Berglund would be a great choice to be the interviewer. That guy is hilarious.

Close enough

so0E9Q1h.jpg

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Caron is back up with the Blues. They sent him down to Chicago to save money, it seems.

Hitch had some nice things to say about Caron. With Hitch, you never know if he is just talking to avoid silence, or if he really means it, but he said good things about Jordan.

Brodziak is still out, so Caron will play tonight.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Caron is back up with the Blues. They sent him down to Chicago to save money, it seems.

Hitch had some nice things to say about Caron. With Hitch, you never know if he is just talking to avoid silence, or if he really means it, but he said good things about Jordan.

Brodziak is still out, so Caron will play tonight.

Caron looked okay. He was not a liability on defence and play decently without the puck. He looks like a decent fill in on The 4th Line.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Well, he did get in a game, which is better than Andronov did. By the way, Andronov is still listed on the Blues website as being "in the system."

I believe we still have his rights, but he went back to Russia and I'd be surprised if he ever came back

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Copley = Bouwmeester
Binnington = Berglund

It's a shame we can't have Allen-Copley-Binnington-Husso be our goalies for the future. . . there can only be one. They seem like excellent personalities.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
The Wolves have recalled defenseman Jeremie Blain. With as many Defensemen already on this team, I find this interest. Trying to imagine where he might plug in to. I haven't seen any injury reports from the Wolves...

Of course I could play conspiracy theorist and say it is because the Blues are trading away a prospect...

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
The Wolves have recalled defenseman Jeremie Blain. With as many Defensemen already on this team, I find this interest. Trying to imagine where he might plug in to. I haven't seen any injury reports from the Wolves...

Of course I could play conspiracy theorist and say it is because the Blues are trading away a prospect...

Or Vanelli is finally going to go to the ECHL.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

Me no no. :dunno:

The Wolves are tight-lipped about injuries and the AHL does not have an official IR.

The only time to learn about injuries is watch each segment of each game. It is during pre-game scratch announcements and intermission commentary that any injuries are reported.

And I have not had time to watch many games this season, so I don't know.

audad79

Apr 24, 2013
Per the Wolves broadcast on Sunday, the analyst said that the Wolves had many walking wounded and Vanelli and Barbashev are two of those that are injured. They didn't say what was wrong with them. Blain call up may have to do with Hodgman's signing in Sweden as Vaughn has played both F and D this season

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Per the Wolves broadcast on Sunday, the analyst said that the Wolves had many walking wounded and Vanelli and Barbashev are two of those that are injured. They didn't say what was wrong with them. Blain call up may have to do with Hodgman's signing in Sweden as Vaughn has played both F and D this season

Makes sense to me that both are injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad