GDT: All Star Weekend

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Byfuglien looks like he eats a small child before every game. He's HUGE.

He's definitely big...but also slimmed down a lot compared to those summer photos that were circulating over the past few years. He's not a 300-pounder anymore.

And yes, the jerseys really suck.

And maybe I missed something big, but I didn't see Lundqvist on the selections....or am I just blind?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
He's definitely big...but also slimmed down a lot compared to those summer photos that were circulating over the past few years. He's not a 300-pounder anymore.

And yes, the jerseys really suck.

And maybe I missed something big, but I didn't see Lundqvist on the selections....or am I just blind?

Buff is probably the kinda guy that would balloon up to 400 pounds if he's not careful. He's just a mammoth, slow metabolism.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Anyone know the blond?

If your talking about the host in the black dress, she works for the NHL Network channel, which is 418 or 508 on Rogers. Can't think of her name now, but she was here live in Ottawa during our All-Star weekend too.

I guess I'll watch a bit of the skills today! :tvhappy:

KarlssonMarx

Be Red
Mar 1, 2012
Halifax
I thought the draft was surprisingly entertaining. Made me miss Foligno. The guy is such a joker. Loved the Kessel-Seguin trade.
Agreed that the host was pretty terrible though. Duthie would've made it way better

Karlsson2Turris*

Hoffman selected for the skating competetion and Ryan for accuracy

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
rookies are only ones that want to go.

They should move the All-star game and combine it with the Winter Classic.

Move it to the first weekend in January.

Do the draft before hand and then announce them on the ice for the Skills competition on the Friday night.

Saturday night have the All-star game.

Sunday have the Winter Classic outdoors in the same city as the host of the all-star game.

Giver every team the Monday off.

Fewer tired players. Bigger event. Teams not playing in the Winter Classic still get a break.

I like all of this.

Karlsson2Turris*

Guys like Vrbata, Faulk, RNH, and Forseberg were really boring imo

Good thing Ovi wasn't "injured"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad