GDT: All star game

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
judging by the comments here, I didn`t miss much for about the 15th year in a row

It was pretty bad. I had it on but didn't really watch it, outside of Tuukka getting scored on just about every time the puck came near him.

Even the skills comp wasn't much to watch. Smith's goal from the other net through a tiny slot in the net board was the highlight for me.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Is that who that was. Man that was terrible.

But par for the course. It's almost like the NHL tries to go out of it's way to book musical acts for the All-star games and Outdoor Games that are pretty much the polar opposite of what their target market should be. Seriously how many hockey fans listen to friggin' Nick Jonas? I'm guessing not many. And they seem to book these types of acts every single event without fail. If you can't get a musical act that appeals to your main demographic, do yourself a favour, and don't book one.

And the game. Well, the 3 on 3 was a nice novelty last year, it was something different.

It's already ran it's course. I feel bad for any real fans who shelled out good money to watch this debacle. That was anything but entertaining.

I don't know how you fix the all-star game but this was garbage.

The NHL comes off as blatantly insecure with their placement at the bottom of the totem pole in the US sports scene. Rather than give the fans they do have (among the most die hard of all sports) what they want, they bend over backward to cater to the population at large; who by and large couldn't care less.

In doing so, the league only embarrasses itself.

I don't know what was more cringe-worthy - the Hokeys from Muskogee pickin' and grinnin' at center ice at last year's All Star Game in Nashville, Snoop Dogg spinning mp3's with MF bombs dropping at this year's, or player's reciting tired lines from tired flicks to promote the 'Hollywood' theme this year (Pat Kane's 'Say hello to my little friend' was especially awful).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad