GDT: All star game

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
how about just no music for all star game...just play hockey and be done

does this guy usually sing like this? **** this is hard to sit through.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I figure Ive probably watched about 50 of these things.

I didnt think they could ever outdo the pile horse **** of previous years....but voila !

Durnberg

Feb 2, 2007
Horrid music. That was the final straw. There must be something better on tv somewhere... Found it, women's curling>this

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Such a wonderful evening for Tuukka :cry:

On the other hand, if those goals come out of his nominal season total we should see nothing but shutouts till March.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
agreed. the effort was about 10%.

And I'm done these musical acts are a joke... time to go find something else to watch... no real sports is a joke.

Guess 90 grand each isn't enough to work,wander if the million went to charity if they would play a little harder.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Coach challenge in the all-star game for a very close off-side is the biggest joke ever.

If that embarrassement doesn't help get rid of that horrible rule, nothing will.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Coach challenge in the all-star game for a very close off-side is the biggest joke ever.

If that embarrassement doesn't help get rid of that horrible rule, nothing will.

I think if they **** up an important call in the playoffs on a challenge, that should probably do it. If a goal gets disallowed like the one Eriksson scored where Bergeron "interfered" with Price, or the myriad of goals that have been disallowed for the sake of a skate blade potentially not connecting with the ice by a millimetre 15 seconds before a goal was scored (which might be argued wouldn't be "****ing the call up", but still is, tbh), hopefully they'll at least realise this can't go on.

Make goaltender interference reviewable by Toronto, and **** off with the borderline offside calls. Until they do, however, I'd like for Clode to challenge much more often than he has. Feels like opponents challenge 2-3 times as often as we do (even when taking into account how few goals we score... I'm also counting last year when our offence was hot). Probably could've made the playoffs last year if we challenged more and got some ticky-tacky calls go our way.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A year from now I will remember the mascot game more :laugh:

16425768_10210990952622485_6271196916422521910_n.jpg

I fly back tonight at 11:30 LA Time and will be staggering around Logan at 7:30 AM.

Hopefully I get some sleep

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NBC just doesn't want to use ref cam - I think it ads something

Don Cherry was disgusted by how the players treat the game as a joke

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/coachs-corner-least-justin-bieber-tried/

NHL players aren’t about to injure themselves in an all-star game.

So when the league puts on an exhibition for fans with no bearing on the season (unlike the Major League Baseball all-star game where the winner gets home-field advantage in the World Series) fans can expect the contest to look like glorified shinny. The best glorified shinny in the world, mind you.

Still, Don Cherry likes it when he sees effort out there, and he saw it most from one all-star: Justin Bieber.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
AHL Skills are on NESN now.

I'm still confused that McIntyre's in Allentown. I thought he played with Providence on Saturday, but I guess he played Friday. But that still means he's doing stuff Friday, Sunday, and Monday. Granted, the skills competition on Sunday was minimal, but it's still travel, which is annoying. And I assume he'll get in the equivalent of a half game on Monday? Seems like alot, even though he's definitely worthy of being an AHL all star.

Either way, that means he probably won't be available to start on Tuesday, right? Bad decision: Tuesday is Bolts, Wednesday is Caps. Much rather see a backup against the Bolts, and I'd much rather FINALLY give McIntyre something close to an "ideal" backup starting assignment. (No, playing against the Rangers or Canadiens is NOT ideal.)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Nick Jonas singing a repetitive eight minute song is a great ****ing choice.

Idiots run this league.

Is that who that was. Man that was terrible.

But par for the course. It's almost like the NHL tries to go out of it's way to book musical acts for the All-star games and Outdoor Games that are pretty much the polar opposite of what their target market should be. Seriously how many hockey fans listen to friggin' Nick Jonas? I'm guessing not many. And they seem to book these types of acts every single event without fail. If you can't get a musical act that appeals to your main demographic, do yourself a favour, and don't book one.

And the game. Well, the 3 on 3 was a nice novelty last year, it was something different.

It's already ran it's course. I feel bad for any real fans who shelled out good money to watch this debacle. That was anything but entertaining.

I don't know how you fix the all-star game but this was garbage.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Is that who that was. Man that was terrible.

But par for the course. It's almost like the NHL tries to go out of it's way to book musical acts for the All-star games and Outdoor Games that are pretty much the polar opposite of what their target market should be. Seriously how many hockey fans listen to friggin' Nick Jonas? I'm guessing not many. And they seem to book these types of acts every single event without fail. If you can't get a musical act that appeals to your main demographic, do yourself a favour, and don't book one.

And the game. Well, the 3 on 3 was a nice novelty last year, it was something different.

It's already ran it's course. I feel bad for any real fans who shelled out good money to watch this debacle. That was anything but entertaining.

I don't know how you fix the all-star game but this was garbage.

Glad that I missed it. If this is Betmans idea of entertainment for hockey fans he's WAY off! When he came here from the NBA I knew that this kind of nonsense wouldn't be far behind.
I tuned in (for around 3-4 minutes) but just couldn't stand to see this goofiness. For lack of a better word it was obnoxious!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
You've heard of guys who ruin their swing at the home run derby.

I feel like, watching this, it could ruin a goalie for a while.

In the few minutes I watched I saw Tuukka undressed by a smiling ninny and that was that!:shakehead

Thanks to everyone reminding me why I didn't watch.

THIS^^^

What the NHL has become. I thought that it was a joke prior to Betman's nonsense but this is a very new, very low, LOW.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
How about the NHL Network anchor Tony Luftman getting all excited after the game and bragging about how hard they tried?
Bad enough the players floated, but don't insult our intelligence with BS like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->