Player Discussion: All purpose: Zach Werenski thread.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
.....and this note about the fired agent makes it more interesting

"Brisson still has one major client in the Blue Jackets’ dressing room — defenseman Seth Jones, who plays on the top pairing with Werenski and is one of his best buds off the ice. As of now, it appears that Jones is still a Brisson client."

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I'm sorry no. We are trading struggling winger to play with struggling "center." To me Wennberg is a lost case just like our PP. I'm tired of waiting for him to bounce back, and I'm a biggest critic of Zach this year, but Tarasenko for Zach is Chiarelli territory of stupidness.

O'reilly for Wennberg though! :D
Nichushkin was always good he can`t score but that`s all and I always wrote it (not here of course). I would like to see him in CBJ.

Grig(orenko) i would give him another try. But i'm sure there are enough GMs who will offer him Kovy contract.
Probably Barabanov, but he has another 1 year in his deal. That's it.
And where Grigo? TOP 6 not, bottom 6 too. But I wouldn`t be suprised if Jarmo would try him still one chance. Barabanov... maybe yes he can play in bottom 6 too. And his trade wouldn`t be such a big problem.

Last edited:

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
If I was one of two top players negotiating with the team at the same time and the other guy had the same representation, I might want to change agents to know that my best interests were being looked after.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I agree with Koteka. Also Zack might feel Brisson is too cozy with Jarmo. Now wouldn't that be interesting?

On the other hand if it means he is interested in going long term with Jackets that would be great. Seems a bit early to fire your agent if you aren't interested in starting talks.

:dunno:

Reactions: koteka

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I agree with Koteka. Also Zack might feel Brisson is too cozy with Jarmo. Now wouldn't that be interesting?

On the other hand if it means he is interested in going long term with Jackets that would be great. Seems a bit early to fire your agent if you aren't interested in starting talks.

:dunno:

Perhaps the Werenskis know that Zach intends to talk extension this summer but didn’t want his negotiation tied too closely to Seth’s and preferred that his representatives have a clear interest in Zach apart from Seth. Thus the firing?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Looks like they put in a rehab pool in the remodel and it made a huge difference in his rehab

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Coming into this season, Werenski had missed 47% (104 out of 220) of all possible games since The Bubble.

He missed just five regular season games total in his first three NHL seasons.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It’s a shame that he’s started to break down. I think the Ryan Murray concerns are valid.

I think a lot (and by that, I mean almost all) of his criticisms this season (especially defensively) are way overblown. Hes been an offensive dynamo this year from the back end. Hes not the best powerplay guy but 5v5 he’s pretty awesome. He had a rough start to the year, but since November I think he’s been really solid.

I hope he’s able to return this season. And I think the idea of trading him is ridiculous.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
It’s a shame that he’s started to break down. I think the Ryan Murray concerns are valid.

I think a lot (and by that, I mean almost all) of his criticisms this season (especially defensively) are way overblown. Hes been an offensive dynamo this year from the back end. Hes not the best powerplay guy but 5v5 he’s pretty awesome. He had a rough start to the year, but since November I think he’s been really solid.

I hope he’s able to return this season. And I think the idea of trading him is ridiculous.
I think the question becomes , especially with where this team is in the rebuild , and Werenskis injury concerns , as well as the other pieces around him or coming, in Jiricek, Provorov , Boquist Mateychuk , can you pay a guy 9 mill when he’s just solid , defensively? It’s really paints a picture of why this team is not constructed very well on Jarmos part . Honestly , I’m done with Jarmo , great scout .. poor architect ..and I think it’s an accurate statement evaluating him as a gm .. What’s the culture here ? We are going to be in your face , hard to play against with a bunch of finesse defenseman ? We are in what year 5 of needing a center , and Boone Jenner who is rated like 89th as far as centers ,has been your main cog. Even when you consider Fantilli now, Jenner shouldn’t be playing center with his back issues , especially the minutes he was playing . Hiring Babcock , and folding like a cheap suit at the first noise , was the final straw for me . We fans deserve better

Reactions: DJA and Napoli

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I think the question becomes , especially with where this team is in the rebuild , and Werenskis injury concerns , as well as the other pieces around him or coming, in Jiricek, Provorov , Boquist Mateychuk , can you pay a guy 9 mill when he’s just solid , defensively? It’s really paints a picture of why this team is not constructed very well on Jarmos part .
Yes I think you can build with Werenski especially with the cap going up a lot.

I don’t think Provorov is staying here long term at all. He’s been OK, but he’s fallen off pretty hard from his early season successes. I also think it’s pretty apparent that the team has tried to move on from Boqvist before, and although he’s played very well this year, he’s as injury prone (if not more) than Werenski and doesn’t bring anywhere near as much offensive or defensive upside. I hope they keep him though. I think there is more than enough room for Werenski, Boqvist, Jiricek, Mateychuk, and Svozil on this team long term.

And yeah, no real defense for Jarmo anymore on his roster construction/decision making. Except that moronic argument in the Jarmo thread about the 2019 trade deadline.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I think the question becomes , especially with where this team is in the rebuild , and Werenskis injury concerns , as well as the other pieces around him or coming, in Jiricek, Provorov , Boquist Mateychuk , can you pay a guy 9 mill when he’s just solid , defensively? It’s really paints a picture of why this team is not constructed very well on Jarmos part . Honestly , I’m done with Jarmo , great scout .. poor architect ..and I think it’s an accurate statement evaluating him as a gm .. What’s the culture here ? We are going to be in your face , hard to play against with a bunch of finesse defenseman ? We are in what year 5 of needing a center , and Boone Jenner who is rated like 89th as far as centers ,has been your main cog. Even when you consider Fantilli now, Jenner shouldn’t be playing center with his back issues , especially the minutes he was playing . Hiring Babcock , and folding like a cheap suit at the first noise , was the final straw for me . We fans deserve better
At this point Z is what he is defensively, the idea he's good defensively is funny. He's never been good defensively, very average in reality. He doesn't have enough grit and effort in his game to be truly good. He also shies from contact which limits his ability to get out of his own zone. He's essentially a top offensive rover who creates most of his offense 5v5 and is a liability without a better defensive partner, which at the moment, this team does not have. From the looks of it too, he really needs to stop killing penalties.

1703861492940.png

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad