Player Discussion: All purpose: Zach Werenski thread.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Jackets should consider trading Zach for Seguin .

Seguin - a player lacking in personal commitment to improvement, lacking in intensity, now possibly fading in his late 20s, owed about $78 million dollars over the next 8 years.

I like it more than I like the Tarasenko idea, I'll give it that.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I think if they come to a deal in the next month or so it could be closer to 6, but with the way Zach is stepping up lately, I could see him getting 7 this summer.

So our #3D gets 7 mil while our #2D gets 4 mil?

Ok.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think if they come to a deal in the next month or so it could be closer to 6, but with the way Zach is stepping up lately, I could see him getting 7 this summer.
I think that's a fair assessment

So our #3D gets 7 mil while our #2D gets 4 mil?

Ok.

At the same points in their career Murray couldn't even stay on the ice because of his injuries.

Werenski in two and a half seasons has 194 gp and 104 points

In Murrays first two and a half seasons Murray played 117 games and only had 37 points in those games played(49 if you include his entire 25 pts scored in this final year of this ELC)

They are in entirely different situstions.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Blues scored 5 goals tonight, in how many of them elite goal scorer Tarasenko made an appearance? zero. There is something wrong with him this year, this is another "i'm 100% sure he will bounce back next season" situation. We already have bunch of those.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Blues scored 5 goals tonight, in how many of them elite goal scorer Tarasenko made an appearance? zero. There is something wrong with him this year, this is another "i'm 100% sure he will bounce back next season" situation. We already have bunch of those.

BUDDY.

Taranseko didn’t even play. :laugh::laugh::laugh: This got me laughing.

I typically like your posts but pleaaaaase do your research before posting.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
BUDDY.

Taranseko didn’t even play. :laugh::laugh::laugh: This got me laughing.

I typically like your posts but pleaaaaase do your research before posting.
See, all it took for them to win, him sitting! :-p

Seriously though, his center is a beast like O'reilly and he can't score this year, he will suddenly start scoring here with Wennberg?

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
You guys overvalue some of the russian players soo much, because.. reasons. Dallas fans at reddit were so mad at me when i said Nichushkin is a pylon before his return. I have no idea how brainfarted you have to be to trade McDonaough for Namestnikov and then give him $4M salary for 2 years. Also some of you wanted Kovalchuk soo bad... man..

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
See, all it took for them to win, him sitting! :-p

Seriously though, his center is a beast like O'reilly and he can't score this year, he will suddenly start scoring here with Wennberg?
He just might. I'm ambivalent towards trading for him as well (I'd much rather shore up our C position), but there are better arguments against such a trade.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
He just might. I'm ambivalent towards trading for him as well (I'd much rather shore up our C position), but there are better arguments against such a trade.

I'm sorry no. We are trading struggling winger to play with struggling "center." To me Wennberg is a lost case just like our PP. I'm tired of waiting for him to bounce back, and I'm a biggest critic of Zach this year, but Tarasenko for Zach is Chiarelli territory of stupidness.

O'reilly for Wennberg though! :D

major major

Feb 18, 2013
You guys overvalue some of the russian players soo much, because.. reasons. Dallas fans at reddit were so mad at me when i said Nichushkin is a pylon before his return. I have no idea how brainfarted you have to be to trade McDonaough for Namestnikov and then give him $4M salary for 2 years. Also some of you wanted Kovalchuk soo bad... man..

I'm with you on those three, are there any underrated Russians you know about?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I'm with you on those three, are there any underrated Russians you know about?
Grig(orenko) i would give him another try. But i'm sure there are enough GMs who will offer him Kovy contract.
Probably Barabanov, but he has another 1 year in his deal. That's it.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Suddenly start scoring? The guy has been one of the most consistent goal scorers of the previous 5 seasons.
I meant this year. What is his problem this year? He had a surgery on his shoulder in offseason. Those are tricky. Or you're trading for him with hopes on next year? Another gamble? If he won't recover after that and won't have his shot back to his standards?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I meant this year. What is his problem this year? He had a surgery on his shoulder in offseason. Those are tricky. Or you're trading for him with hopes on next year? Another gamble? If he won't recover after that and won't have his shot back to his standards?

you answered your own question in sentence 3 and 4, above.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I think we see Murray/ Jones back together "full time" now, or soon. Or we should anyway.

Werenski needs to be with Savard or another "capable" defender other than Murray or Jones.

I don't think Nutivaara or Harrington is that guy.

His amount of games played at such a young age could actually be a reason to point to that HE WONT "develop" much further at this point. I'm not sure how much better he really could get offensively and his issues on defense with his "reads" are something I'm not sure will or can get much better. His decision making and skating will obviously get a bit better as he is young-young, but the question is how much better.

On this team, Tarasenko scores just as much as Atkinson.

I hate that only some people get their "values diminished" by playing on this team or with Panarin.

If age is a huge thing for people would STL throwing in a 2nd in 2021 change your mind?

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Sources told The Athletic late Saturday that Blue Jackets defenseman Zach Werenskihas fired NHL super agent Pat Brisson.
No word on why Werenski made the move, but the timing is interesting for Columbus. Werenski is set to become a restricted free agent after next season, and Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen can negotiate a new deal with him as soon as this July.
The source indicated that Werenski plans to hire Judd Moldaver of the Wasserman and Orr Hockey Group, whose client list includes Toronto’s Auston Matthews, Nashville’s Roman Josi, Philadelphia’s Carter Hart and others.

Blue Jackets Sunday Gathering: Zach Werenski fires agent; which centers to keep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->