OT: All Purpose WJC Thread Pt. II

BarbaraAlphanse

Duke's goal was pure filth. What a release. What location. Incredible.

Buch is going to be a high intensity player. Whereas Duke is a bit of a floater, Buch's game is much more physical.

Defense will come. These two will be special. Can't wait for Allaire to get his hands on Shestyorkin. Man.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is the same stupid **** as what they did for the USA not giving Eichel one of the three best players. Buchnevich was one of the best players for any team in the tournament. He was probably Russia's best player all tournament also.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Serious question, are the Rangers allowed to purchase Buch's contract for this season? Please don't tell me Stempniak is that deserving of a spot in the lineup.

He can, it wouldn't have to be a buyout of the KHL contract to make it happen, but I'm sure Serverstral will want something if that were to happen.

Rangers signed Zucc over from the KHL once his season ended, and because the Rangers owned his rights, Zucc wasn't subject to waivers.

The same should apply to Buch if he were to come over this year.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Serious question, are the Rangers allowed to purchase Buch's contract for this season? Please don't tell me Stempniak is that deserving of a spot in the lineup.

So you're saying the Rangers should buy out his contract from the KHL and bring him over to a new country and culture. Then have him play in North American rinks against the best competition in the world for the first time, mid season and give him that shot over a decent veteran player and you're serious about it? Seriously?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I was alittle disappointed in Sweden this year. They should've at least got the bronze... they couldn't get anything going at all

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So you're saying the Rangers should buy out his contract from the KHL and bring him over to a new country and culture. Then have him play in North American rinks against the best competition in the world for the first time, mid season and give him that shot over a decent veteran player and you're serious about it? Seriously?

I don't think Stempniak's that good, so I do think we need an upgrade on the wing.

Buchnevich is 3rd on his KHL team in PPG and he's barely 3rd. I think he is .656, the second place guy is .658 and the guy leading the team in PPG is .690. I'm not watching the games, but he seems to be doing very well.

The new country and culture are things he's going to have to overcome eventually if he's going to play for the NYR.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I was alittle disappointed in Sweden this year. They should've at least got the bronze... they couldn't get anything going at all

They were gassed.

There are a ton of games during a short period. On avg years, teams like Russia and Sweden don't have that great dept, 5 players will be way better than the rest. Many forget that. Canada always have the depth, and this year they played the Danes and Slovakia in the QF/SF. Buch carried a very heavy load for 6 tough games during 10-11 days, that's tough for a 19 y/o. The Canadian kids had much easier road. Sweden wasn't even remotely able to keep a high lvl that could compete with the best this tourney.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Pretty much sums it up, Duclair's line was the only line worth a damn all game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad