OT: All Purpose WJC Thread Pt. II

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Tolchinsky would've been a nice addition to our prospect pool with our other UFA signings

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
If Russia didnt pull the goalie 3 minutes in off 2 unstoppable shots, this would be a tie game or Russia would be winning. What a terrible coaching move, he should have just used his timeout then.

Buch was a beast that 2nd period. Drew 2 penalties.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
lol at TSN comparing McDavid to Crosby again. He scored a wide open goal on a terrible change. I don't get the generational player hype for McDavid. No shot, no defense, weak on the puck.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
lol at TSN comparing McDavid to Crosby again. He scored a wide open goal on a terrible change. I don't get the generational player hype for McDavid. No shot, no defense, weak on the puck.

Hes going to be a great player but yea, they just love to hype the ever loving crap out of him....but its to be expected, he is going 1st overall at the draft.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York

I try not to judge too much from this tourney, he is a year younger, hasn't been as good as I thought he would be, but Eichel didn't look that great either.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

He's doing really well for an underage player. He's putting up a higher PPG than Crosby at the same age in the tournament. (Not saying this warrants comparison to Crosby though, rather lighting up the WJC doesn't mean much - look at John Tavares)

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Canada has had an incredibly easy tournament route.

It's really no surprise McDavid has done so well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hes going to be a great player but yea, they just love to hype the ever loving crap out of him....but its to be expected, he is going 1st overall at the draft.

I feel bad for the kid. I think he'll be a great player in the NHL. Probably a PPG player, but this generational hype seems crazy. Eichel looks a lot closer to one, but I don't think either one will be a generational talent.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's doing really well for an underage player. He's putting up a higher PPG than Crosby at the same age in the tournament. (Not saying this warrants comparison to Crosby though, rather lighting up the WJC doesn't mean much - look at John Tavares)

I try not to judge on stats, but rather how he plays. I don't really think it matters how he plays against teams like Denmark and Slovenia.

Generational talents absolutely stand out and change the game when they step on the ice. I think McDavid's going to be really good, but he looks like more like a crazy fast skater with amazing vision more than a complete center in the Crosby-mold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad