Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It should be noted that Mertens is pretty good and has managed to lose to Bianca and Osaka 3 times in the last month. Pretty tough opposition.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Bianca gets her 16th straight win. That's a crazy statistic right there.

Reactions: Tuggy

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Bianca took the first set off Brady 6-1

And the second 6-3.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Denis falls to Goffin in two TB's.

Bianca cruises in the first set over Brady.

Felix/Zverev up after Bianca's match.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Seems like another impressive win for Bianca.

Heard an interesting stat today, the last actual loss for Bianca (ie not a injury withdrawal), was around the same time that Eugenie had her last win (which dates back to February).

The matchup against Osaka should be a good one. It'll be the first of likely many meetings between the two.

The win pushes Bianca up to fourth, but Naomi is not far behind, so only way to guarantee she holds is to win tomorrow.

Reactions: kihei and Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Seems like another impressive win for Bianca.

Heard an interesting stat today, the last actual loss for Bianca (ie not a injury withdrawal), was around the same time that Eugenie had her last win (which dates back to February).

The matchup against Osaka should be a good one. It'll be the first of likely many meetings between the two.

The win pushes Bianca up to fourth, but Naomi is not far behind, so only way to guarantee she holds is to win tomorrow.

Yup, should be a good one. Hopefully it's one of the last on the schedule so I'll be awake :laugh:

#3 is possible if Svitolina slips up.

Felix and Zverev underway.

Bianca ready for tomorrow.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Felix lost 3 and 1 but it sounds like he played well. Zverev was just better

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Felix didn't play well (just a 5/20 winner/unforced error ratio, for one example). He just looked outclassed by Sascha, the better player today by a significant margin, who took control early in each set and never let go.

Last edited:

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Felix didn't play well (just a 5/20 winner/unforced error ratio, for one example). He just looked outclassed by Sascha, the better player today by a significant margin, who took control early in each set and never let go.
I was going by what the commentator said.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
First set to Bianca 7-5.

She blew a double break lead and Osaka fought back to 5-5 but Bianca broke again and served it out.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
First set to Bianca 7-5.

She blew a double break lead and Osaka fought back to 5-5 but Bianca broke again and served it out.

I think I saw the score at 5-1 or so and thought that it was a done deal.

Hopefully the scare of almost losing the set prevents her usual second set slump.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Osaka raises her game, back on serve. Ain't these two a treat?

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
A very impressive five game run for Osaka. When she got down 1-3 she responded like a champion.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I never realized for some reason just how similar their games are until I watched Osaka and Andreescu play today. That was a real treat of a match with Osaka coming back in each set, a deserving winner. I have the feeling, not completely a happy one, that Andreescu is going to help Osaka become a better player. Hope it works the other way around, too, and I bet it will.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
The win streak had to end at some point. Losing to another top young player in a hard fought match is probably the best case scenario though.

I agree with kihei that the two players are probably going to make each other better over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad