Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v16.0

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
How is Indy Fuel legend Robin Press? Saw he leads their team in pts from D. He never got anything done in Rockford

He logs a lot of minutes and he's QB on PP#1 so he gets points from that. I don't think he's that good though - I've seen him make some plays you don't want your #1 dman to make. He had time to make play and ended up fumbling the puck away which turned into the 2nd goal against today. He's got too much Connor Murphy in him for me to give him a good grade.

Reactions: ClydeLee

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I think Brindley wouldn't stayed had Nazar stayed. I think him leaving swayed his decision cuz there was rumors of him going back to Michigan. Now the McGroarty news is interesting. He knew the other two were gone and he still went back. I would not be surprised if Winnipeg traded him soon. I don't think he's going to sign there.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I think Brindley wouldn't stayed had Nazar stayed. I think him leaving swayed his decision cuz there was rumors of him going back to Michigan. Now the McGroarty news is interesting. He knew the other two were gone and he still went back. I would not be surprised if Winnipeg traded him soon. I don't think he's going to sign there.
Hard to see him playing two more years in college. But once he’s done next year it’s obviously one more year and pick your spot; so we’ll see. We all know the Canadian teams and American kids story.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
In my opinion there is. He's smart though, so he might overcome it, but I'm not that high on him personally.
When I have watched him he has been just OK. Kind of blends in. I am of the same thinking as you. Winnipeg is also pretty stocked with forwards so not really a spot for him at the moment which may be why he went back as well.

Reactions: TLEH

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
I'm using the "one in the hand is worth two in the bush" strategy. McGroarty played at a high level at a top program so he's more of a known product than whoever would be available after Celebrini.
I don't see his upside as anything higher than 2nd line. His skating isn't good enough to interest Kyle from Chicago. I think Demidov and Lindstrom are both more talented and both have more upside.

Reactions: Pez68

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I like Rutger but there's little excuse for not finding a prospect of his caliber (or much higher) in the top five of any given draft. Including this one

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I don't see his upside as anything higher than 2nd line. His skating isn't good enough to interest Kyle from Chicago. I think Demidov and Lindstrom are both more talented and both have more upside.

Here's a scouting report on Demidov which is very positive except for the bolded part regarding him not using his outside edges which will be a problem in the NHL So while his skating is said to be good - it has a big chink that will be exposed against NHL defenders.

Under six foot Russian winger with good pace and strong creativity and makes plays using his feet and his ability to thread pucks with precision to teammates. Although he doesn't use his outside edges, relying on his inside edges which widens his stride far more than you want it to be. This will be a problem in the NHL where attackers are closely covered and must cut back a lot to gain separation. There is some creativity and game breaking skill, and shows a willingness to play in the dirty areas, and no one can question his compete or hockey IQ based on his play in the MHL. He got the call up to the KHL and started the season at SKA-St. Petersburg with Matvei Michkov as his centre. and wasn’t able at this juncture to win a spot, so was dented back to the MHL, and he was sidelined for more than a month with a knee injury. His position has been mostly as a LHRW, but his playmaking skills and strong forecheck has seen him at the centre position also. Seems very strong for his size/weight.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Here's a scouting report on Demidov which is very positive except for the bolded part regarding him not using his outside edges which will be a problem in the NHL So while his skating is said to be good - it has a big chink that will be exposed against NHL defenders.

Under six foot Russian winger with good pace and strong creativity and makes plays using his feet and his ability to thread pucks with precision to teammates. Although he doesn't use his outside edges, relying on his inside edges which widens his stride far more than you want it to be. This will be a problem in the NHL where attackers are closely covered and must cut back a lot to gain separation. There is some creativity and game breaking skill, and shows a willingness to play in the dirty areas, and no one can question his compete or hockey IQ based on his play in the MHL. He got the call up to the KHL and started the season at SKA-St. Petersburg with Matvei Michkov as his centre. and wasn’t able at this juncture to win a spot, so was dented back to the MHL, and he was sidelined for more than a month with a knee injury. His position has been mostly as a LHRW, but his playmaking skills and strong forecheck has seen him at the centre position also. Seems very strong for his size/weight.
im not a skating expert but from the eye test he really seems to get things moving in regard to his skating. I think uses edges is easier fix then learning how to generate more power. Strome and murph come to mind on guys that just dont seem to pick up speed at a NHL pace. IE when the Change directions or start from a stand still there 1st 4-5 strides put them a stride behind most players. I dont see Demidov having that issue.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
im not a skating expert but from the eye test he really seems to get things moving in regard to his skating. I think uses edges is easier fix then learning how to generate more power. Strome and murph come to mind on guys that just dont seem to pick up speed at a NHL pace. IE when the Change directions or start from a stand still there 1st 4-5 strides put them a stride behind most players. I dont see Demidov having that issue.

I'm not a skating expert either but I think the scouting report makes it clear his skating is excellent in all aspect except outside edge agility which will limit him as a puck carrier because NHL defenders can attack him without fear of the cutback move. Can this be fixed? I don't know. I only brought it forward because a scout who does know more about skating than I do called it out.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

This scouting report was written by some guy with like 200 followers who bio says “wanna be jr hockey scout”

Nobody is playing at this level and not using their outside edges that’s absurd lol

Reactions: jls24

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
This scouting report was written by some guy with like 200 followers who bio says “wanna be jr hockey scout”

Nobody is playing at this level and not using their outside edges that’s absurd lol

The scouting report was written by Bill Placzek for the lines.com website and has been publishing prospect evals for over 30 years. Take him or leave him but he's been around the block more than most of the better known NHL prospect evaluators.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad