Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v14.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
ANDREI ALTYBARMAKYAN OVERTIME WINNER!!!!!

The IceHogs have won 2 in a row!!!!! BACK TO BACK!
Have to say Altybarmakyan is my dark horse and favourite prospect.

Was always impressed with him in Canada/Russia series and at WJC's.
He has incredible balance and strength for his size and showed great compete level along
great with H Sense.

Kayumov to me is the quintessential NS winger and believe he will be a great 3rd/4th liner in N America.

Of course I've been known to be wrong before like 437,803 times in 2020 alone.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Strauss Mann and Matt Kiersted are likely to be the top NCAA free agents this year.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Lukas Reichel with goal and assist today in 7-1 Eisbarren win ...hoswingers had big day...4 points each for Leo Pfoederl (2g 2a) and Marcel Nobels (4 assists)...Pfiederl is more of a goal scorer and Nobels more of a disher... they seem to be working well together....
But Eisbarren"s other line in the top six forwards also got heavily into the scoring today ( Zach Boychuk Kevin Focoault and M.White ..

Doubt Stan interested in these vets but Pfiederl is still only 27 years old ...and seems to be zbig snioer for his team...but I do not know much about flawsin his game..

Reichel still so young..If he improves with age and experience he woukd t domination at DEL level..but doing very well for his age vs. men at the DEL level.

Wonder if Stan leaves him there 1 more year to develop more before bringing over or if he brings him over for next session...If so maybe he would bring his linemates too so that Reichel would feel comfortable from the start playing with them?

The construction of the line makes sense with a sniper and a disher on the wings for Reichel so that he does not feel pressure to carry the line himself. He can develop at his own pace and chip in the scoring when he can.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Blackhawks prospect stock watch: Who’s up, who’s down in Chicago’s farm system

A really good article about our prospects from The Athletic

Guys they feel have improved their stock:
Reichel
Slaggert
Commesso
Altybarmakyan
Kaiser
Shalunov (dammit Powers!)

Guys they feel have had their stock drop:
Wise
Nordgren
Quenneville

A quote about Reichel
Reichel is seventh among DEL forwards (minimum 100 minutes) in expected goals percentage at 64.39 and fourth in Corsi percentage at 63.35. Those are all signs that point to another quality first-round pick for the Blackhawks.

Those are some fancy looking fancy stats.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Lukas Reichel with goal and assist today in 7-1 Eisbarren win ...hoswingers had big day...4 points each for Leo Pfoederl (2g 2a) and Marcel Nobels (4 assists)...Pfiederl is more of a goal scorer and Nobels more of a disher... they seem to be working well together....
But Eisbarren"s other line in the top six forwards also got heavily into the scoring today ( Zach Boychuk Kevin Focoault and M.White ..

Doubt Stan interested in these vets but Pfiederl is still only 27 years old ...and seems to be zbig snioer for his team...but I do not know much about flawsin his game..

Reichel still so young..If he improves with age and experience he woukd t domination at DEL level..but doing very well for his age vs. men at the DEL level.

Wonder if Stan leaves him there 1 more year to develop more before bringing over or if he brings him over for next session...If so maybe he would bring his linemates too so that Reichel would feel comfortable from the start playing with them?

The construction of the line makes sense with a sniper and a disher on the wings for Reichel so that he does not feel pressure to carry the line himself. He can develop at his own pace and chip in the scoring when he can.

Yeah i wonder if hes ready to come over next year already as well. Rave reviews and very promising production. Maybe he's ready for a 3rd line limited role already?

That would be just silly depth at forward if everyone comes back the young guys improve after another offseason.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Yeah i wonder if hes ready to come over next year already as well. Rave reviews and very promising production. Maybe he's ready for a 3rd line limited role already?

That would be just silly depth at forward if everyone comes back the young guys improve after another offseason.

Rockford.

I think he needs to start there. Chicago by seasons end.

Im really excited about this kid.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Yeah, John Q has been shit this year.

BUT ICEHOGS WIN TODAY! Matty Tomkins with a massive game. He's looked good in the two since coming back from the Taxi Squad.
What do you think of Chalupa? I kinda want him to turn into a really good player just to see Chalupa jerseys everywhere but I'm thinking that's very optimistic.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Hawks will sign Reichel at the end of his current season and bring him here, stat. No chance he'll be playing in the DEL next season.

A few days ago i saw a interview with Reichel, made by former German defender Rick Goldmann. He looks like a football (soccer) player next to him. Reichel doesnt dominate the DEL so i think 1 year more wouldnt be a mistake. He can work on his strength in that time. He has some players with NHL experience on his team too (Boychuk, Despres...).

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
A few days ago i saw a interview with Reichel, made by former German defender Rick Goldmann. He looks like a football (soccer) player next to him. Reichel doesnt dominate the DEL so i think 1 year more wouldnt be a mistake. He can work on his strength in that time. He has some players with NHL experience on his team too (Boychuk, Despres...).

.88 PPG, not dominant but he certainly isn’t struggling.

He needs to go to a better league (AHL) to take the next step in development.

And yeah he absolutely has to hit the weights this summer. He is Teuvo thin right now.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

Hey, I'm not suggesting Reichel won't improve with another season with Berlin. It's just that I have a very strong feeling the Hawks are going to want to have their shiny new toy here, so they have more control over his development.

Reactions: HawksDub89

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
.88 PPG, not dominant but he certainly isn’t struggling.

He needs to go to a better league (AHL) to take the next step in development.

And yeah he absolutely has to hit the weights this summer. He is Teuvo thin right now.

He benefits a bit from his linemates too. They lead the DEL in scoring.
Maybe you rank the DEL a bit to low. A team like Berlin has AHL niveau.
Probably there is a CHL season next year too, so he can play against Swedish, Finnish or Czech teams.
The biggest advantage of the AHL is that he can get used to the smaller rinks. But i would wait another season till he has worked on his strength.
He told in interview that he goes to gym after practice. So work ethic is there.

Last edited:

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Last edited:
Reactions: Brightwing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad