GDT: All-Purpose Preseason Game Discussions

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Lol that kolesar hit was mostly shoulder to shoulder.. and they gave him 5 and a game for charging lmao. Forget open ice hits from now on.
He actually got 5 for head contact and 5 for fighting. He came back late in the game.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Lol that kolesar hit was mostly shoulder to shoulder.. and they gave him 5 and a game for charging lmao. Forget open ice hits from now on.

It reminded me of Erik Karlsson getting two games for a hit last season... I also remember, I didn't agree to that. But it happened.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
sucks is a little too far, but he hasn't really looked NHL ready aside from a nice goal
Where would the Devils send him down to? AHL? I think he should've stayed in college for a year or two. He's too small and gets brushed off the puck easily. I also haven't noticed his speed. Maybe he's injured?

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Are the Pens really getting outshot 20-2 after two periods?

That’s right and as obscene as that line is, it isn’t close to showing how dominated the Penguins look against the Sabres.

But with all that said, Buffalo is a young team and a lot of their starters are playing this game.

From the looks of the Pens opening lines, they started their 4th line and the rest are all AHL’ers or juniors.

Just another sport where it’s becoming clear that you really can’t judge anything off of these preseason games so it’s pointless to even try.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He could easily have 3 points with some of the chances he's set up so far. Waiting on a clip of the most recent one. How much offense does he have to create before he looks NHL ready?

Edit:

he's looked better as the game has gone on for sure. It's still only preseason, but I'm not sold on his ability to defend at the nhl level from what I've seen so far. Great offensive talent and upside though.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
he's looked better as the game has gone on for sure. It's still only preseason, but I'm not sold on his ability to defend at the nhl level from what I've seen so far. Great offensive talent and upside though.

No worries as we have our Swiss Bergeron to handle that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad