GDT: All-Purpose Preseason Game Discussions

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
Sens-Habs. Nice to see NHL "referees" in mid season form already - Brannstrom (Ottawa) moving up ice is taken down with stick wrapped around him, leads directly to a goal against (shorthanded). Blatantly obvious penalty not called. Same old same old.

Reactions: Devonator

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Sens-Habs. Nice to see NHL "referees" in mid season form already - Brannstrom (Ottawa) moving up ice is taken down with stick wrapped around him, leads directly to a goal against (shorthanded). Blatantly obvious penalty not called. Same old same old.

Armia was draped all over him, but Brannstrom shouldn't have put himself in that position.

Also lol @ Tkachuk slapping off the helmet and pointing to the ref

edit: they just showed another replay. Brannstrom grabbed his arm with his free hand, trying to draw the call.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I am not sure who to feel more sorry for the Rockford IceHogs or the Bruins who this is their last game of pre season to get ready for the NHL season and they are playing the Rockford IceHogs

You should never feel sorry for the Bruins. Not when they lose, and certainly not when they win.

Well, so we have an explanation. I jumped a little when I noticed the score here.

Seems like a weird move to ship the Blackhawks off to Europe just a few days before the season starts. Oh, they start the season in Europe. :laugh:

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Nice shot by Nylander there. Can't tell if offside or not from the angles ive seen.

Reactions: BHD

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
They should be ashamed of themselves for not putting up 10+ against that lineup. ;)
The Hawks were pretty strong vs the Providence Bruins plus 3 NHL deemen last week that went to OT. The Bruins did have a 11 full time NHL guys today, pretty much the same as the Hawks had last week. Glad no one got hurt, this World tour does take a toll on a team. Bruins did it last year in China.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I'm not that upset about Reider lighting us up.

I'm gonna pretty annoyed a little later this year when the Oilers lose multiple games to Dallas f***ing Eakins though.

Puckluck13

Sep 28, 2019
He didn't even get to drop his gloves.

I think Max has proven he can fight outside his weight class. He's one of few fighters left that actually trains boxing in the offseason.

Just because you train boxing doesn't make you a good fighter. Max Domi has shown he is willing to fight outside his weight class but he hasn't done well in fights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad