GDT: All-Purpose Preseason Game Discussions

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
What is the most valuable purpose of preseason?

Based on watching the Sharks this preseason I don't know. I guess they are putting in their regular line up the next two games so that is good. It's really to see what the young guys can do? The only bad thing about it is Hockey is one of those sports where you can have a great night one night and then a bad night the next. A small sample size is pretty inconsistent.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
What is the most valuable purpose of preseason?

Evaluate bubble guys and kids. Unless someone gets injured most coaches/gm's know their opening night roster in the summer. Battles are mostly only for one or two spots per team, the salary cap makes sure that is the case.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Jordan Greenway is huge. But he looks way too relaxed out there. Hope he gets mean at some point like i always hoped Coyle would do.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Mark Letestu eats Heinz Yellow Mustard packets on the bench.

5xdqMXk.gif

Swaxr6v.jpg

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
What idiot decided to schedule this game of Boston vs Chicago's farm team?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Yeesh. Getting ugly. Preseason or not.

I am not sure who to feel more sorry for the Rockford IceHogs or the Bruins who this is their last game of pre season to get ready for the NHL season and they are playing the Rockford IceHogs

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I am not sure who to feel more sorry for the Rockford IceHogs or the Bruins who this is their last game of pre season to get ready for the NHL season and they are playing the Rockford IceHogs

They should be ashamed of themselves for not putting up 10+ against that lineup. ;)

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Was trying to watch some of Pens-Sabres. Is the picture-quality not so good, or do I need a new TV?

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
OK, at least it's not only the Yotes who can't score on 5-on-3s. Oh, it's the Sabres... :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad