JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
MLW has a new "What Happened When" podcast with Tony Schiavone. The first was on Goldberg and the latest is on 1997's Souled Out. It's a good listen. Tony is a lot more self deprecating than you'd think.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I did listen to the first Tony Schiavone pod. Going to bank them for a rainy day, kind of like what I did with the Prichard one. Which is good, because that Prichard one became awesome after a rough first episode or so.

I'm sad because of a few of the pods I liked over the year are going away....Letters from Kayfabe is gone and Titans of Wrestling soon will be too. I recently bought a microphone, so I may be giving something a shot soon....

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I did listen to the first Tony Schiavone pod. Going to bank them for a rainy day, kind of like what I did with the Prichard one. Which is good, because that Prichard one became awesome after a rough first episode or so.

I'm sad because of a few of the pods I liked over the year are going away....Letters from Kayfabe is gone and Titans of Wrestling soon will be too. I recently bought a microphone, so I may be giving something a shot soon....

Congratulations, you just inherited the HFWF podcast.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Honestly, if you send me the audio file chopped up to your liking, I can put it all together and export it into a sound file for you if you aren't sure about how to do it. Send me the theme song, the audio file.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Well, it finally happened. Yes, I gave myself a kick in the behind last night and stayed up until 2 AM recording a podcast on the 09-27-1986 Superstars of Wrestling. This happened so fast that I haven't even got my Soundcloud RSS lined up or anything.

http://section309.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Greetings-Ep-1-Superstars-09-27-1986.mp3

This is a very definition of a pilot since it didn't come out entirely as I envisioned but we'll see where it goes. Have a 2nd show lined up for next week.

Now I do have a Soundcloud

And an RSS feed: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:237090521/sounds.rss

Last edited:

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Well, it finally happened. Yes, I gave myself a kick in the behind last night and stayed up until 2 AM recording a podcast on the 09-27-1986 Superstars of Wrestling. This happened so fast that I haven't even got my Soundcloud RSS lined up or anything.

http://section309.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Greetings-Ep-1-Superstars-09-27-1986.mp3

This is a very definition of a pilot since it didn't come out entirely as I envisioned but we'll see where it goes. Have a 2nd show lined up for next week.

And an RSS feed: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:237090521/sounds.rss

Gave you a follow. It sounds pretty good compared to a lot of podcasts I listen to.

Edit: I meant that in terms of audio quality. The content is great and you definitely have a voice that lends itself well to podcasts. A lot of wrestling podcasts (and podcasts in general) have guys with grating voices or guys who try to hard and are too high energy. You find a good medium. Keep it up!

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

You did a good job. I will listen to the next one.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
So apparently shane was stiffing jericho in the 5v5 match at survivor series? heard jericho talk about it on the podcast with rusev and jericho had to give him one back and tell him to calm down :laugh:

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Gave you a follow. It sounds pretty good compared to a lot of podcasts I listen to.

Edit: I meant that in terms of audio quality. The content is great and you definitely have a voice that lends itself well to podcasts. A lot of wrestling podcasts (and podcasts in general) have guys with grating voices or guys who try to hard and are too high energy. You find a good medium. Keep it up!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I recorded show #2 yesterday and I did it in a different room in my house (the office) to kind of test things out. I have to keep the mic pretty far away so I don't get too loud, though I've figured out how to adjust it...i'd just rather worry about getting rid of awkward pauses, etc.

My plan is to stay with WWF/WCW for about 10-12 shows (maybe a Mid-South show tossed in) so I can get comfortable with everything. Eventually I do want to do some of the weirder stuff like Global and Memphis.

One thing I am determined to do is keep shows in the 50-60 minute range. I know a lot of podcasts I enjoy made their name on marathon multi-hour shows and I do love that but as a one man band that would be too much. Also by keeping it under 50-60 MB I can host files on the blog.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
really well done...loved the opinions you made about things going on...and the piper back story of how that carried over...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I recorded show #2 yesterday and I did it in a different room in my house (the office) to kind of test things out. I have to keep the mic pretty far away so I don't get too loud, though I've figured out how to adjust it...i'd just rather worry about getting rid of awkward pauses, etc.

My plan is to stay with WWF/WCW for about 10-12 shows (maybe a Mid-South show tossed in) so I can get comfortable with everything. Eventually I do want to do some of the weirder stuff like Global and Memphis.

One thing I am determined to do is keep shows in the 50-60 minute range. I know a lot of podcasts I enjoy made their name on marathon multi-hour shows and I do love that but as a one man band that would be too much. Also by keeping it under 50-60 MB I can host files on the blog.

Do you edit your shows at all? I work with audacity once a week, it's amazing how much time you can cut when you edit out extra long pauses, and all the um's and uh's and whatnot.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Do you edit your shows at all? I work with audacity once a week, it's amazing how much time you can cut when you edit out extra long pauses, and all the um's and uh's and whatnot.

I did show #1 and show #2 differently. On the first one, I would do the segment and immediately edit everything in each one to cut the pauses, etc. On the 2nd one, I didn't do that quite as much though I guess I still could. When I created the file I listened through it for verbal tics to cut out in the future. (which is something noticeable on many podcasts in their infancy)

I was quite intimidated by Audacity at first...then all of a sudden the freaking lightbulb came on with regards to making cuts and it became a lot easier.

Starting with the 2nd show, I decided that in lieu of a "theme song", I would use the theme from the program I would be covering. Which is a nice excuse to get in that beat from Thriller for WWF 1984-86. :yo:

One issue: there's just so much content on Youtube that it's really hard to nail down what I want to do. I do know that show #3 is a WCW show and #4 is going to be 1987 WWF.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I use Audacity pretty basically, it's a computer for a radio station (actually where I am right now), just all voicetracking. They have tools for basically anything you need to do.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I keep getting paranoid that the voice level is too low, but it seems to be fine. Episode 2 will be uploaded soon.

Recorded a bunch of episode 3 and I'll give this teaser: I recite a PN News rap, inspired by Paul Heyman rhyming on commentary.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
voice level is fine...only issue I get with it, is the theme music you add in, and its not really an issue...just how you can tell its recorded and not uploaded...

but Ep 2 was great...can't wait for more...

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
voice level is fine...only issue I get with it, is the theme music you add in, and its not really an issue...just how you can tell its recorded and not uploaded...

but Ep 2 was great...can't wait for more...

Oh believe me, I hated doing it that way but I wasn't skilled enough in editing everything in. You'll see a change in the end of episode 3 next week, which I've recorded over the last 3 nights.

For the bumpers with no wrestling material, I am trying to put short clips of songs that were on the Billboard charts at the time the show aired. I.e. For August 1991, Lenny Kravitz's "It Ain't Over Til It's Over" since it was #5 on American top 40 that day.

Hoping to have an itunes setup soon. I think I'll need to pay for SoundCloud or i will run up against a monthly limit by the middle of show 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad