Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
At best, the best games are parsed properly, 7 and 730. Can watch both games subsequently without missing a beat. Good pre-snowstorm hockey night.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's cracking me up that the narrative in the Pens media is that again, pens need to find their identity. I feel like that's the go to bull shit for when the Pens suck and then when they play better it's because they found their identity again.

Is the Pens identity a f***ing dog? Did they forget to chip that shit? Or maybe the identity sucks ass and JR needs to stop faking his lame ass "threats" and actually do something.

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
he was ridiculously good to start the year. Honestly, I just don't know what you're talking about. He's been great every year.
Yeah if there's a guy that has earned the right to just finally be f***ing mad and say f*** this with his line usage, it's Geno. The poor guy loses most of the wingers he gels with magnificently. And now he's in some terrible funk which is still a lot of players good year. I feel for the guy. I think some time with his wife and son in Florida will do him some good. Refreshed and recharged to wreck the league after the break.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's cracking me up that the narrative in the Pens media is that again, pens need to find their identity. I feel like that's the go to bull **** for when the Pens suck and then when they play better it's because they found their identity again.

Is the Pens identity a ****ing dog? Did they forget to chip that ****? Or maybe the identity sucks ass and JR needs to stop faking his lame ass "threats" and actually do something.

I do wonder if the longer this Brassard goes on, it is and will remain a distraction. With all the talk of him being dealt, and with JR talking to the media it seems constantly about Brassard needing to be better or to show more, I wonder if it's just better to get the deal done now rather than keep holding on until the TDL.

I understand JR can't just give him away if the current offers aren't quite to his liking, but at some point it might become way more of a distraction than whatever potential return he could get if he waits a month to deal him.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I do wonder if the longer this Brassard goes on, it is and will remain a distraction. With all the talk of him being dealt, and with JR talking to the media it seems constantly about Brassard needing to be better or to show more, I wonder if it's just better to get the deal done now rather than keep holding on until the TDL.

I understand JR can't just give him away if the current offers aren't quite to his liking, but at some point it might become way more of a distraction than whatever potential return he could get if he waits a month to deal him.

When are you allowed to trade players again during this ASG break?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

The thing is, hanging on to him also hurts us because we are not getting the most out of the roster and he's a big problem with that. He sucks. On this team. He'll rebound elsewhere but for us he sucks. JR has to move him just to remove that from the roster.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
DeSmith actually has been pretty decent. What the chart illustrates is what we have all seen this season. The goalies have been standing on their heads but the defense is betraying them. Example. DeSmith is actually playing better than Fleury but his GAA is much worse, 26th in the league.

https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/stats...sort=9&time=0&pos=5&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0

I don't need this fancy chart to tell me that prior to the Vegas game DeSmith was like a .920 Save percentage.

He's a #2 goalie and his numbers are eventually going to normalize. That was the start of that correction

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
DeSmith actually has been pretty decent. What the chart illustrates is what we have all seen this season. The goalies have been standing on their heads but the defense is betraying them. Example. DeSmith is actually playing better than Fleury but his GAA is much worse, 26th in the league.

https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/stats...sort=9&time=0&pos=5&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0

Any concerns about DeSmith are based on his last 3 or 4 starts, though. So a chart that includes when he WAS playing super awesome earlier in the season isn't exactly addressing the current concerns.

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Maybe Brassard has a twin brother nobody knows about and they each play half a season of hockey.

Maybe after the break the real good Brassard will show up instead of his crappy twin.

I donno. I'm trying this new positive attitude energy transfer thing with Brassard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad