Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 3 [Impact coming to AXS in October]

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Moxley was unable to make it to Japan due to travel issues with the typhoon, so NJPW has stripped Moxley of the US Title.

I won’t spoil the result of the US Title on the show but there is a new champ.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
typhoon.jpg

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I'm not going to be as invested in NWA overall but the Power product is fun and with it just being an hour, I'll find myself squeezing it into my viewing habits.

I had to find some vintage NWA and it's funny to see all the trappings the studio wrestling experience had back then and what is now. Maybe the fact it's modern makes almost look more ironic rather than authentic. I don't know if you're going to get the same kind of heat and angles the 80s NWA had with the Horsemen and Dusty. I guess we'll see how they do with creative in the Corgan NWA.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I'm not going to be as invested in NWA overall but the Power product is fun and with it just being an hour, I'll find myself squeezing it into my viewing habits.

I had to find some vintage NWA and it's funny to see all the trappings the studio wrestling experience had back then and what is now. Maybe the fact it's modern makes almost look more ironic rather than authentic. I don't know if you're going to get the same kind of heat and angles the 80s NWA had with the Horsemen and Dusty. I guess we'll see how they do with creative in the Corgan NWA.

My only issue with the NWA power set is I find the backgrounds where the commentators talk infront of to be cheesy. I get they are trying to create this 70s/80s feel but those backgrounds with the light bright colors feel more out of the 90s

Where I think the NWA power show though gets it right is the promos

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Konan just posted a pic of him in a meeting with Rush and Dorian Roldan, owner of AAA.
good lord. :-o

Last edited:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
tonight is Kenny Omega vs Fenix in Mexico for the Megachampionship. free on twitch!
I've been looking forward to that match since Triplemania, but the Astros are failures so I have to watch baseball again tonight. I'm probably going to have to watch the VoD after the game.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So I'm watching anyway. I've got two eyes, I can multitask lol.

Dunno what was going on to open the show, but when I opened the stream I was watching Vampiro choke slam a guy. AAA \o/.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hamburger dive with assist from the ref! Best spot in all of wrestling.

And I assume this is some kind of no DQ match?

EDIT: BOOOOOO D:.

And that was a very Japanese table.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
...... im super distracted about the fact that abismo negro is there lol
hes dead.

i know they tried to do a "tournament" so someone becomes Abismo Negro and they all said no way.......
but here we go again mexico.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i love how managers try to distract the ref ........and ref has no clue whats going on and stays there. ignoring wrestlers breaking rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad