Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 3 [Impact coming to AXS in October]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah I don't believe it for a moment. You don't hit the ring, take shirt off, and hit all of your major offense against a friend you have a decades worth of history with only to not do a match.

He may or may not be back full-time in 2020+, but Shibata is 1000% coming back for the Tokyo Dome at least. Lock it in.

Besides, Meltzer no longer has his NJPW stooges like The Bucks and Elgin to feed him info so I question any NJPW info he's putting out there like he's in the know. Even when he did have his connections in NJPW, remember when they gave him bad info and he made a fool of himself claiming the Shibata injury was a work? He's never really had his finger on the pulse in regards to backstage stuff in NJPW.

I wouldn't say he made a fool of himself. He wrote that it was believed he would never wrestle again, not that he definitely would or would not. They were definitely trying to convince him that it was a work but I don't think he ever bought it.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yeah I don't believe it for a moment. You don't hit the ring, take shirt off, and hit all of your major offense against a friend you have a decades worth of history with only to not do a match.

He may or may not be back full-time in 2020+, but Shibata is 1000% coming back for the Tokyo Dome at least. Lock it in.

Besides, Meltzer no longer has his NJPW stooges like The Bucks and Elgin to feed him info so I question any NJPW info he's putting out there like he's in the know. Even when he did have his connections in NJPW, remember when they gave him bad info and he made a fool of himself claiming the Shibata injury was a work? He's never really had his finger on the pulse in regards to backstage stuff in NJPW.
Please show me where Meltzer said that the Shibata injury was a work.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I wouldn't say he made a fool of himself. He wrote that it was believed he would never wrestle again, not that he definitely would or would not. They were definitely trying to convince him that it was a work but I don't think he ever bought it.
I went back and read the back issue. He basically said he had no definitive answer, which frankly makes him look the exact opposite of foolish.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I went back and read the back issue. He basically said he had no definitive answer, which frankly makes him look the exact opposite of foolish.

Why even speculate or push it forward as a theory if you aren't sure, though?

Did he do the same with Reigns after his leukemia bombshell?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
averaging out Meltzer’s G1 ratings, Ishii’s average match rating for the tournament was 4.56, and his match with Yano (3.75) was his first ~4-star match since August 1, 2018.

not that he’s the be all end all, but it gives a decent idea of how f***ing great Ishii is.

he also gave Ibushi vs. White in the finals a 5.5

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
love the story they told with Moxley, and even continuing it in the interview where he challenged Juice but only to a no DQ match

he knows he can't win with a straight up wrestling match, and is better suited when he can take the fight anywhere, use tables, chairs, etc.

he knows Juice would beat him in a straight up wrestling match, like in the G1.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
04B40C7A-87D3-4ABF-AABB-844D8D572BBB.jpeg

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Bought a ticket to BOLA Night One. Tried to do this before but was never able to do it quickly enough. Front f***ing row.

2019 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match
Jeff Cobb vs. Daisuke Sekimoto

Jonathan Gresham vs. Artemis Spencer

Darby Allin vs. Black Taurus

Dragon Lee vs. Rey Horus

Brody King vs. Caveman Ugg

A-Kid vs. Lucky Kid

Non-Tournament Tag Team Match
"The Bad Boy" Joey Janela & Alex Zayne vs. Blake Christian & Tony Deppen

Non-Tournament Tag Team Match
Lucha Brothers (PENTA EL ZERO M & REY FENIX) vs. MexaBlood (Bandido & Flamita)

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Royal Quest will be broadcast on FITE.TV and must be purchased. It won't be uploaded to NJPW WORLD until some time in September.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Barbaro Cavernario out of BOLA.... d'oh :(
will be replaced with Aramis.

and apparently WWE is in talks to partner with or flat out buy CMLL... what the f***.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Why even speculate or push it forward as a theory if you aren't sure, though?

Did he do the same with Reigns after his leukemia bombshell?

That's why there's corrections. He fixed it once he had more information on it. It's not like he's still trying to push what he was originally told because it was the first thing he said. That's how journalism works. That's a move he had been using, I'm sure New Japan didn't want it getting out that Shibata was in the hospital and almost died with head trauma being such the touchy subject that it is (and should be). The guy almost definitely has CTE.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Alberto del rio reached a TV deal with his promotion.
it was Hijo del fantasma's last match in mexico.
its f***ing MVP and Carlitos in the main event
and Ricardo Rodriguez is the ref.
what a wierd thing to see.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
that’s something I expect to read in the observer rewinds from the early 2000s cause it’s so random & out there

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Anyone in the NY Metro Area please come out to this tomorrow. This is the annual ESC Forza Lucha show that is our big charity event. These shows are always a blast. Tixs are $10.
FB_IMG_1566859866239.jpg

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Impact will join AAA in the NYC show. its really weird.

Royal Quest today, competing head to head with NXT UK.

• Kazuchika Okada vs. Minoru Suzuki – IWGP Heavyweight Championship
  • Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi – RPW British Heavyweight Championship
  • Tomohiro Ishii vs.KENTA – NEVER Openweight Championship
  • Guerrillas of Destiny vs. Aussie Open – IWGP Tag Team Championships
  • Tetsuya Naito & SANADA vs. Jay White & Chase Owens
  • Will Ospreay & Robbie Eagles vs. Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo
  • Kota Ibushi & Juice Robinson vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Hikuleo
  • Ryusuke Taguchi, Shota Umino & Ren Narita vs. Rocky Romero, SHO & YOH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events