Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 3 [Impact coming to AXS in October]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
View attachment 226783 Silver King died today in London, after having a health issue during his match against Juventud Guerrera.
(he was the Son of Dr. Wagner and Brother of Dr. Wagner jr.)

edit: the issue was a stroke in the ring. during the match. (he was 51)

im so sad.

That's unfortunate. I liked Silver King in WCW.

Also... that ref is dumb.

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
both Juvi and ref shoulda stopped immediately. the ref blows my mind how he didnt wanna count. unless it was part of the script.
(we have heel refs in mexico huhuh....)
(but they were in England. not sure if they sent their refs for that tour)

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That was hard to watch. I don't really blame Juvi or the ref though unless he said something like he was in trouble. He was trying to get through it, but that's just unfortunate.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
That was hard to watch. I don't really blame Juvi or the ref though unless he said something like he was in trouble. He was trying to get through it, but that's just unfortunate.

Nah, that ref is f***ing stupid.

His last act before collapsing was putting a pin on Juvi. No offensive move to sell after that. If you don't catch on at that point, OK I guess, but after he failed to kick out and lied motionless in the ring for two minutes while the ref stood there with his thumb up his ass, the ref was confirmed an idiot.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
As a ref it's your real f***ing job to protect the guys in the ring more than anything. You don't necessarily expect a stroke or heart attack but it was CLEAR as day there was something wrong. Whether it have been an injury or something much more serious like this was...the ref can't just stand there like an idiot wondering what's going on. It might not have mattered but he just stood there....looking at a guy who was showing no signs of life. Do your f***ing job and make it clear a doctor needs to hit that ring...ASAP.

I don't fully blame Juventud. I think he obviously picked up on there being something wrong and looked to end the match with the pin...but the ref even f***ed THAT up. Lord.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Was there even a doctor there to immediately assist? I’ve read conflicting things.

I’m surprised all referees in wrestling don’t have basic first aid training at the very least to pick up on these things in case things go haywire. It barely costs anything and is only a weekend spent to learn the basics in first aid and CPR, tops.

Reactions: KIRK

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
killer cross and scarlett bordeaux asked Impact for their release.
killer wants a new, more fair contract, because he says AEW or WWE will give him more... no shit.
Scarlett is dating him.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
killer cross and scarlett bordeaux asked Impact for their release.
killer wants a new, more fair contract, because he says AEW or WWE will give him more... no ****.
Scarlett is dating him.
He’s an idiot. He signed a contract at that rate. You can’t ask to get out because someone else is offering you more money. He’s at the whim of his employer here.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Jordynne Grace was working without contract in Impact and she decided to sign 3 years.
good move by them.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Jordynne Grace was working without contract in Impact and she decided to sign 3 years.
good move by them.
Which Grace is trying to put a positive spin on, but apparently Impact believed she was playing games during negotiations and it essentially came down to them telling her to sign the deal on the table or leave the company.

She chose the former, apparently because signing with any other company would severely limit her ability to work in Japan and UK, which she enjoys doing.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
friday on SummerSlam weekend in Toronto Destiny will present Icons 2
SCU from AEW
OVE, josh Alexander
Tenille Dashwood
Joey Ryan

(show is in Mississauga.. not exactly Toronto)

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Disco Inferno wrestling for East Coast Pro Wrestling this coming weekend and it's 4 blocks from my house. didn't even know Disco still went.

if i were actually able to attend, i would hit him with the Alex Wright dance.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He’s going to do it once and come back to WWE.

Just like Jericho

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
ITS A WORK

I hope Mox works G1. This may also bode very well for a NJPW-AEW relationship after that MSG show with ROH.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He should only do it if he goes to the final. Not just to do it. He shouldn't come out of the gate and start losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad