All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread: NWA, IMPACT, AAA, and MLW, etc

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if Jay White is nearing the end with New Japan? He dropped the openweight title last night and it just seems he hasn’t been doing much
I think he’s been on Strong and showed up in Impact. Supposedly the deal he signed was really long.

Reactions: Kaner9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Cornette praising Delirious more than I’ve heard him praise anybody in the modern era. Hopefully he gets a booking job somewhere, I thought he did a great job running ring of honor When they had most of the elite indy talent

Reactions: ManByng and Kaner9

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Jonathan Gresham is starting up a new promotion called " Terminus ".

from cagesideseats.com:

Gresham.0.png

When the sad news that Ring of Honor was going on hiatus ( and possibly away for good ) hit a few weeks ago, former ROH Tag and Pure champion Jonathan Gresham was at the top of a lot of fans “I hope he signs with AEW/Impact/New Japan/WWE” wish lists. Well, probably not that last one, because at 33 years old and 5’ 4” tall, he doesn’t match Vince McMahon’s updated criteria for signees.

For anyone else, though, Gresham would be a steal. Though undersized, Gresham is a phenomenal performer that many consider to be in the same class as names like Bryan Danielson & Zack Sabre Jr. when it comes to technical wrestling skill.

Which is why, while it may be a little disappointing it’s not with a televised company, the move he announced this morning (Nov. 15) is pretty exciting:

Reactions: ManByng and Kaner9

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Cornette praising Delirious more than I’ve heard him praise anybody in the modern era. Hopefully he gets a booking job somewhere, I thought he did a great job running ring of honor When they had most of the elite indy talent
People hate Delirious booking, like a lot. People even go as far as saying ROH lost all their talent due to his awful booking.

Honestly i don’t know what to think, nobody could’ve saved ROH after they lost most of their own stars, but the loss of them made me think that maybe it was good before despite the booking, not because of it.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Enjoying my binge viewing ECW Hardcore TV. Into '98 and closing in on when I first saw ECW. Sandman is deceptively athletic and Lance Storm had the best rat tail of all time. Wish I was not a bald so I could grow one. Just looks that much more trashy with nothing on top but Storm was a beauty with his dyed blonde rat tail. bWo massively underrated.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I haven't watched night 2 yet, I will tonight, but night 1 of Wrestle Kingdom was very meh. Hoping Okada-Ospreay doesn't disappoint.

They need to go back to one night.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Anybody else here lose their local ROH TV show ???? ROH used to air here Saturday nights on KOMO ( Seattle ABC affiliate ) but for the last couple of weeks it has been replaced with a " top news of the week " type of show. I e-mailed the station asking if this hiatus was temporary or permanent and received a response today from Carmen Redd who is the Programming Director at KOMO:

Hi Bob,

Ring of Honor has been permanently removed from KOMO TV.

Thanks,
Carmen Redd
KOMO TV Programming

I was hoping it would come back once AEW figures out how they're going to run the ROH TV programming but I guess not. ☹️

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anybody else here lose their local ROH TV show ???? ROH used to air here Saturday nights on KOMO ( Seattle ABC affiliate ) but for the last couple of weeks it has been replaced with a " top news of the week " type of show. I e-mailed the station asking if this hiatus was temporary or permanent and received a response today from Carmen Redd who is the Programming Director at KOMO:

Hi Bob,

Ring of Honor has been permanently removed from KOMO TV.

Thanks,
Carmen Redd
KOMO TV Programming

I was hoping it would come back once AEW figures out how they're going to run the ROH TV programming but I guess not. ☹️
I believe the deals expired and likely got cut off since they were running on Sinclair stations and they haven’t done any tapings since selling. AEW is definitely going to get ROH a tv deal

Last edited:

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
^ Ace Austin has now joined Bullet Club as well. They're gonna have 20 guys and be nWo esque at this point. They really need to at least split off House of Torture at this point.

Also it seems ELP is going from junior to heavyweight teasing a G1 entry.

Did anyone watch BSOJ? Any matches worth going back to watch?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jay White is the champion, which I don’t think I saw coming.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
So we have 2 AEW shows (not counting Rampage) and 1 NJPW show before Forbidden Door and here's what the card potentially looks like:

Confirmed:
Moxley vs. Tanahasi - AEW Interim Title
Pac vs. (probably) Miro vs. (probably) Malakai Black vs. (probably) Ishii - All-Atlantic Title Fatal 4 Way

Probably Happening:
Hangman vs. White
Cole vs. Okada
(wouldn't be shocked to see the above two matches merged into a tag match)
FTR vs. RPG Vice vs. Cobb/O'Khan - ROH and IWGP HW Tag Title Triple Threat
Danielson vs. ZSJ

Which leaves the following without matches as of now:

Young Bucks vs. ???
Hiromu/Ishimori (whoever is Jr. champ) vs. ??? (maybe Yuta?)
Ospreay vs. ??? - IWGP US Title (Juice Robinson could be added to make this a triple threat)
and I'm sure Naito will have a match if he's not in the 4 way.

I think we get a 10-12 match card and I'm sure there will be a couple 6 and 8 man tags as well.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So we have 2 AEW shows (not counting Rampage) and 1 NJPW show before Forbidden Door and here's what the card potentially looks like:

Confirmed:
Moxley vs. Tanahasi - AEW Interim Title
Pac vs. (probably) Miro vs. (probably) Malakai Black vs. NJPW guy (Guessing this is someone from LIJ. Naito, Shingo or SANADA) - All-Atlantic Title Fatal 4 Way

Probably Happening:
Hangman vs. White - IWGP HW Title
Cole vs. Okada
(wouldn't be shocked to see the above two matches merged into a tag match)
FTR vs. RPG Vice vs. Cobb/O'Khan - ROH and IWGP HW Tag Title Triple Threat
Danielson vs. ZSJ

Which leaves the following without matches as of now:

Young Bucks vs. ???
Hiromu/Ishimori (whoever is Jr. champ) vs. ??? (maybe Yuta?)
Ospreay vs. ??? - IWGP US Title (Juice Robinson could be added to make this a triple threat)
and I'm sure Naito will have a match if he's not in the 4 way.

I think we get a 10-12 match card and I'm sure there will be a couple 6 and 8 man tags as well.

NJPW is doing Ishii vs Kanemaru and Clark Connors vs Honma with the winners facing each other for the spot in the 4 way for the Atlantic belt

In other words it’s going to 75% be Ishii, 25% be Connors

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
NJPW is doing Ishii vs Kanemaru and Clark Connors vs Honma with the winners facing each other for the spot in the 4 way for the Atlantic belt

In other words it’s going to 75% be Ishii, 25% be Connors

Didn't see that and completely forgot about Ishii too in my predictions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad