All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You have to remember, too. This is now on ESPN. So non-wrestling fans look at that and say "Oh wrestling fans are f***ing losers. I'll continue not watching. Even Rousey hates them."

And whether it was full on work or not, look at perception of non fans. Was that really a good angle to go with?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah while I wouldn't be surprised if Rousey and WWE were collaborating on these wrestling related thoughts she's putting out, I also fully believe that they are pretty much her actual thoughts given what she's said regarding UFC and how she seemed to handle crowds in WWE. I don't think that complaining about the crowd in a way that makes fans look bad in a non-wrestling setting is a particularly good "work" either, though there is at least something to what she says regarding fans and expectations.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
So the Revival's new non-WWE wrestling names are Cash Wheeler ( the old Dash Wilder ) and Dax Harwood ( the old Scott Dawson ). :amazed:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Kurt Angle, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows and other Superstars released

WWE has come to terms on the release of Kurt Angle, Drake Maverick (James Curtin), Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers), Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra), Luke Gallows (Drew Hankinson), Heath Slater (Heath Miller), Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz), EC3 (Michael Hutter), Aiden English (Matthew Rehwoldt) and Lio Rush (Lionel Green). We wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Damn

wonder who from that list will join AEW

wonder if we see Anderson and Gallows both go back to Japan

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Full list so far...

Kurt Angle
Drake Maverick
Curt Hawkins
Karl Anderson
Luke Gallows
Heath Slater
Eric Young
EC3
Aiden English
Lio Rush
Erick Rowan
Sarah Logan
Epico
Primo
Mike Kanellis
Maria Kanellis
Mike Chioda
Fit Finlay
Lance Storm
Billy Kidman
Shane Helms
Mike Rotunda
Scott Armstrong
Pat Buck
Shawn Daivari
Sarah Stock

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
The only cuts that really stand out to me so far are Chioda and Armstrong. Two guys I assumed were lifers.

That, and the fact that Ryder remains immune.

Edit: aaaaand Ryder gone. Along with No Way Jose.

Last edited:

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Brutal day for those released. Most surprised about some of the backstage names. Wonder if they're the most likely to be back once all this lifts, whenever it does.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Brutal day for those released. Most surprised about some of the backstage names. Wonder if they're the most likely to be back once all this lifts, whenever it does.
The producers and agents are rumored to be furloughed and expected back as soon as there's stuff to produce again.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Coronavoris + hoarding talent that they weren't using for a year + needing to keep a certain profit margin for shareholders.

Recipe for disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad