All-Purpose News Thread Part II

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I am and you know it. I mean there was a show in the late 90's or early 00s about all the weird global stuff or whatever, and there was a segment about there being vending machines in Japan for used women's panties. :laugh: I thought surely they can't top that on the weirdness scale and over the years I've learned that one does not simply underestimate the perviness of the Japanese. Us Europeans used to think Germans are the kings of perv but nope! So yes, one should never underestimate how far the Japanese can go on that front. :laugh:
read up on sex tourism. you're just focused on kinks

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So, I think there are things about Stardom and Marigold that are very nuanced that as westerners we don’t truly know the whole picture, and it doesn’t make those clarifications objectively correct, but they are important to be aware of.

First, Asuka has always been convinced Stardom was created to destroy her, specifically, or freelancers on that level, from what I’ve gathered. She supposedly used to have heat with Io Shirai before Io arrived, not sure about Kairi. There’s like 30 other joshi promotions so I don’t know why Stardom specifically is/was evil.

If it’s about Rossy, I don’t know other than what people say. To the degree that I am, I guess I’m more familiar with Stardom than anyone here even if I don’t watch consistently, I wait for everything to go on YouTube. But if people know things, I don’t get how it’s helping anyone staying quiet about it. Clearly there’s talent that are credible people who insist on helping him because they feel indebted to him. “When it comes out” the time for it to come out is now.

I encourage to listen to Karen Petersen’s take from this weeks Pollock x Thurston when it comes to that announcement about unmarried women trying out for Marigold. Japanese culture seems to be backward in the sense that there are women, such as those who go into pro wrestling, and even some of the men, that in doing so are choosing to make this their life. It’s like eat, sleep, wrestle, and maybe a part-time job. Part of it is not terribly unlike everywhere else, how many people in the business have or had a partner or spouse also in the business? It’s kept separate more in Japan, so these girls are being asked if they willing to devote their lives to this and eschew things like, having a family and being at home like many others do. It’s much more worth hearing Karen’s take on it. It’s at about 40 minutes here

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Yeah - it's not like any of these 3 releases are going to swing the balance of power over to AEW. ;)

You underestimate the draw power of the modern day maharaja!!

PQeo.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Grackle Party

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

I had heard rumblings about this, but wasn't sure if it was because tickets weren't selling well at the original location or if the TKO overlords wanted more cobranding?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
What's that place like? Capacity for wrestling?

The zoning application indicates the UFC plans to add the ability to host up to 1,000 people and add food and alcohol service, ticket sales and a souvenir shop to the space.

I haven't watched a ton of UFC in recent years, but it's hard for me to picture what it might look like with a ring instead of an Octagon. I'd imagine they'd want a decent amount of fans to face the hard cam. I guess I'd expect something close to the the Performance Center. Might be a fun experience but I'd have to assume the limited tickets would be expensive, although not sure if NXT would necessarily be a big draw.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I haven't watched a ton of UFC in recent years, but it's hard for me to picture what it might look like with a ring instead of an Octagon. I'd imagine they'd want a decent amount of fans to face the hard cam. I guess I'd expect something close to the the Performance Center. Might be a fun experience but I'd have to assume the limited tickets would be expensive, although not sure if NXT would necessarily be a big draw.
This looks like the typical UFC setting: UFC Apex

I guess it's easy to add the kind of stands they have at the PC.

Reactions: Brodeur

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's also not going to change a whole lot when it comes to talent releases on the company side.

WWE gets around it by saying its not a 90 day non-compete. It's a 90 day notice until their contract is terminated, during that time talent is still being paid.

Though if the talent wants to leave sooner then that they legally would be allowed to (I believe they were before this though and most usually take the time and pay).

The place where this would actually apply is when a wrestler successfully gets out of a contract early. Both companies have made talent sign those when letting someone leave early, but they wouldn't be able to do that anymore.

So like for example if Ricochet or Black requested and were granted their release they would be able to immediately sign with a new promotion. They wouldn't have to wait.

All of this is moot though as the Supreme Court is going to shoot it down.

Reactions: Voight

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Not sure if anybody posted this but here is an Article which most likely was produced by AI:

Wrestling marks rejoice! AEW is bringing Dynamite and Collision to Buffalo in June​

What will booker of the year runner-up Tony Khan have up his sleeves for the June 26 edition of Dynamite?

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Get ready for an action-packed night of sports entertainment.... I mean PRO WRESTLING... in Buffalo this June!

All Elite Wrestling is bringing its weekly television shows Dynamite and Collision to KeyBank Center on June 26. Tickets go on sale this Thursday at 10 a.m. but a presale begins Tuesday.

Dynamite airs every Wednesday from 8-10 p.m. ET on TBS. Collision airs every Saturday from 8-10 p.m. ET on TNT.

All Elite Wrestling was founded in 2019 by CEO, GM and Head of Creative Tony Khan. It offers an alternative to mainstream wrestling, with a roster made up of global stars like Jon Moxley, Brian Danielson, Will Ospreay, Chris Jericho and Mercedes Mone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad